• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power button reset

Styxx

Nov 5, 2010
Hi guys. I've got a problem with my OneX+. If you hold the power button in for long enough, the device will reset itself. This is obviously a feature to enable a user to reset the phone if it crashes, my problem is that I keep accidentally resetting the phone when I am kneeling with it in my pocket because of the location of the power button.

Is there any way to turn this feature off?

Also, on a side note, does anybody know when Android 4.4 will be rolling out?

If it's anything like the One X, the long power button press is a hardware thing and you can't turn it off.

Also, last I read, 4.4 had only been confirmed for this years handsets The One, The One Max & The One Mini.

Well, that's annoying. Depending on what I'm doing in a day I tend to end up resetting it around 5 or 6 times!

Disappointing about 4.4, I'd hope they'll roll it out after this year's models have been updated. Don't see why the OneX and OneX+ wouldn't get it. Thanks for the response dude!

Upvote 0
Carrying your phone in a pocket is asking for problems IMHO. My friend does that and his Big Samsung is constantly dropping out and getting lost. I use a belt case with a magnetic latch that was left over from my previous Tracfone. I got it on eBay for about six dollars and I have never dropped or lost any phone. ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones