• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power button to end call is missing from my Desire

sandeepg

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
I've been scouring the web a solution to this but can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's possible to end a phone call on the Desire by pressing the power button after enabling it in settings. But when I go to Settings/Accessibility I get a pop-up message saying,

'No accessibility related application found. You can download a screen reader for your device from Android Market. Click OK to install the screen reader.'

If I press 'Cancel' I'm in the accessibility settings with a single grayed-out 'Accessibility' option. But no other options are available.
Weirdly, if I search for it (after allowing 'Settings' to be searched) I do get a result in Settings/Accessibility labelled 'Accessibility. HTC global search'. If I click on it though I'm back in the Accessibility setting section.

I'm running 2.2 on a Desire on the Vodafone (UK) network (not rooted).

Any help would be much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones