• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power reset or unknown upload mode?

MC-84

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
I have an international GT I9000 galaxy s and i have the stuck at boot screen problem im trying to get into download mode to flash with odin, But when i do the vol down+home+power i get to this screen with the green android logo saying POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE and in red it says
RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

Any way to fix this :thinking:

To exit upload/cp-crash or some other weird mode, keep holding down Vol Down + Power buttons only, until you see the screen starts rebooting, then release both buttons. Sometimes the reboot may take up to a few minutes, and make sure that the battery is charged at least 50%, otherwise it will fail.
If it keeps booting back into upload/cp-crash or some other weird mode, then hold down the above buttons again, but this time as soon as you see the reboot, do not release them but also quickly hold down the Home (or Bixby) button along with first two, which should kick you into download mode (or use a download jig). Then re-flash with full stock firmware using Odin. You may have to try both the normal and patched versions, sometimes it works with the first or the other (when you see a model fail error).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones