• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories PowerPie 45watt

J_Hansen

Oct 18, 2012
Hey guys/girls
I haven't been around here for a while but thought I would drop in and share this with you, only just got it myself but I'm very impressed with it so far.
Below is a link if you want to get one and a copy of my own little review/test this morning.
It's just to good not to share :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECJET-Po...owerpie&qid=1584195250&sprefix=Elecjet&sr=8-1

https://elecjet.co.uk

Got to try this thing out for the first time this morning.
I let the Note 10 plus drain until it turned itself off in a final death cramp of a vibration ;-)
Using the short usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the PowerPie I plugged it in.
I had already charged the PowerPie fully using the official Samsung 45 Watt charger.
Here is what I got at first attempt on my 5 months old Note 10 plus 5G from 0%
7 min - 14%
9 min - 22%
12 min - 30 %
20 min - 47%
30 min - 66% (I've seen claims of 69% but I find 66% perfectly acceptable)
40 min 83%
47 min 90%
1 hour - 96%
1.05 - 100%

Considering that this is a powerbank, not a wall charger I find it a VERY GOOD result.
The PowerPie is still showing 3 of the 4 LED's so it is so far so good with hoping to get 4 full charges plus a bit but I'll report back on that later.

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful review.

Do let us know how many charges you get (but remember that running a battery flat isn't best practice, so don't feel you need to be too rigourous!).

Calculating the useful capacities of these things accurately is nigh-on impossible: both phone and battery pack manufacturers quote capacity as mAh rather than stored energy, but that's mAh at a standard voltage (probably the typical 3.7V of a Li-ion battery) rather than the voltage that will be used in charging (which will vary during the charging cycle but will always be higher, and the current capacity is lower at higher voltage). Also the process can't be 100% efficient, since all of the circuitry in the battery and phone uses energy too, and at some level fast charging must be less efficient. So my feeling is that if you get 4 charges out of it then you will be doing fine.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know running down to 0% Isn't great if you do it all the time but im hardly ever under 65% since I got the phone so I'm willing to do it 4 times for this test, it won't harm it.
The Note 10 plus battery is supposed to be 4300mAh and the PowerPie 20.000mAh but I'm aware that a good bit will be lost in charging, it is maybe a stretch hoping for 4 full charges but we'll see how it goes :)

Upvote 0
Ah, you have a 10+: I was assuming a 10. They claim it can charge an iPhone XS 5.2 times, which I estimate as just under 70% efficiency (which is not an unusual result for a power bank). As the different phones will use different current/voltage combinations at different points in their charging cycles the efficiency may differ for the Note, so it will be interesting to hear how it gets on. If you get 4 full charges then you should be very happy :)

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey guys/girls
I haven't been around here for a while but thought I would drop in and share this with you, only just got it myself but I'm very impressed with it so far.
Below is a link if you want to get one and a copy of my own little review/test this morning.
It's just to good not to share :)
https://elecjet.com/collections/pow...-fast-charging-powerpie-x-20000mah-power-bank

Got to try this thing out for the first time this morning.
I let the Note 10 plus drain until it turned itself off in a final death cramp of a vibration ;-)
Using the short usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the PowerPie I plugged it in.
I had already charged the PowerPie fully using the official Samsung 45 Watt charger.
Here is what I got at first attempt on my 5 months old Note 10 plus 5G from 0%
7 min - 14%
9 min - 22%
12 min - 30 %
20 min - 47%
30 min - 66% (I've seen claims of 69% but I find 66% perfectly acceptable)
40 min 83%
47 min 90%
1 hour - 96%
1.05 - 100%

Considering that this is a powerbank, not a wall charger I find it a VERY GOOD result.
The PowerPie is still showing 3 of the 4 LED's so it is so far so good with hoping to get 4 full charges plus a bit but I'll report back on that later.
Seems it has bad reviews as most havent received the item

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Seems it has bad reviews as most havent received the item
Well mine arrived on time no problem.
They are quite new so there might have been some problems to begin with I don't know.
Few people from XDA forums and on Reddit have them as well so I'm not the only one who received it without issues.
The company has been around for a long time as well so they must be doing something alright :)
But at the end of the the day I was only sharing my own experience

Upvote 0
you must really be a power user more so then me. i have the note 10+ and have yet to see a need for extra power. maybe if i'm traveling or something, but not for nornml use. i like to think myself as a power user as i use the phone to play games (mostly Hearthstone), hanging out here in AF, watch youtube videos, stream movies, and also for gps. by the end of the day for me (i usually come home from work around 7pm) my phones usually ends up between 20-30%. i love the battery life of this phone so far......maybe i might need one later on down the line as phone gets older and its battery life starts to deteriorate.

Upvote 0
I'm very much like yourself, getting a full day with plenty to spare is not really a problem for me either.
However, between functionality and price (I paid 58 Euro but you can get it for 54 now) this was a total no brainer to have as a back up and to bring on holidays as well, perfect for sitting relaxing by the pool or on the balcony and still have full charge when you decide to go out and about, other powerbanks can serve the same purpose of course but this one does it better with 45w power delivery in my opinion

Update:

I did the 2nd full charge of my Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G from 0% using the PowerPie and it was actually a minute or two quicker to both 90 and 100% today
but anything above 80% (42 minutes) is really irrelevant.
However, the positive taken from todays mini test is that during this 2nd charge cycle the led's on the PowerPie did drop from 3 to 2 but after charging the phone to a 100% there is still 2 led's lit up which should indicate that there is over 50% in *The Pie*
Tomorrow and the day after to go and I'll be able to confirm if a full 4 charges for the Note 10 plus 5G is possible but it is looking positive so far.

Another Update.

Day 3:

3rd full charge cycle just done and there is still 1 led left on, on *The Pie* indicating that there is a minimum of 25% 5000mAh left in it, so it will be interesting tomorrow to see if that translates into a 4th full charge cycle.
Interesting thing from todays mini test was that I instead of letting the Galaxy Note 10 Plus die on it's own, I instead switched it off at 1% (letting Galaxy phones die completely have caused issues for customers in the past)
This seems to have resulted in slightly faster charging as it went to 77% in 30-31 minutes and a full 100% in 96 minutes, which is a fair bit better than starting from completely dead.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If a phone really runs right down it will often start by trickle charging - I believe that this is better for the battery. So it's actually quite plausible that it will charge faster if you start from just before the shutdown point.

I would say that's bang on what made the difference in todays mini test.
In my opinion it also makes the PowerPie an even better and more efficient product to use as you really would never run your devices until zero.
When done with testing it on my phone I'll test it on the Chromebook Asus C434

Final day of this mini test of the *The Pie* with the Note 10 Plus 5G I let the phone go down to 1% again and plugged it in, there was still 1 of the 4 LEDs lit up on the power bank so I was a little optimistic about maybe getting a full 4th charge out of it but it wasn't to be.... However...It stopped at bang on 60% so all in I think it is a very respectable result considering that this is a 45W fast charging powerbank. 3 full 4300mAh charges plus one at 60% (2580mAh) if you can calculate it that directly. Is it worth the 58 Euro I paid for it... I most certainly think so :)

Reactions: Hadron and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Final day of this mini test of the *The Pie* with the Note 10 Plus 5G I let the phone go down to 1% again and plugged it in, there was still 1 of the 4 LEDs lit up on the power bank so I was a little optimistic about maybe getting a full 4th charge out of it but it wasn't to be.... However...It stopped at bang on 60% so all in I think it is a very respectable result considering that this is a 45W fast charging powerbank. 3 full 4300mAh charges plus one at 60% (2580mAh) if you can calculate it that directly. Is it worth the 58 Euro I paid for it... I most certainly think so :)

The first I've heard of the PowerPie but I like the fact that it's 45 watt. Overall it looks pretty impressive.

Upvote 0
The first I've heard of the PowerPie but I like the fact that it's 45 watt. Overall it looks pretty impressive.

A good bit of this product line seems relatively new even though the company was founded in 2011 (from what I've found)
They have a few interesting products, I think I might try their Apollo Traveller powerbank as well and there seems to be another graphene on in the pipeline as well, however, I couldn't find any news on that one newer than December.

Upvote 0
3.6 charges is about 75% efficiency. That's about as good as you can hope for from a power bank, so yeah, you've done well here.

And how is that related to the subject here?
Because they need a power bank with them at all times? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
FWIW, FAA limits you to 27,000 mA for carry on or checked luggage which is why so many chargers top out around 26,800.

In China, and other countries in Asia, you can't put any lithium battery devices in checked luggage. And if a power bank has a larger capacity than 20Ah(20,000mAh), you have to go to a separate counter at security to register it. And they photograph and take its serial number as well.

I found that out when I flew a few times carrying a 30Ah(30,000 mAh) power-bank.

Reactions: MrJavi and J_Hansen
Upvote 0
I didn't know about the 20.000mah limit in Asia. (reason for 26.800 I did alright)
Another good reason for liking this PowerPie :)

I found an interesting PPS power supply for the car so waiting for that to arrive to do some test/review, it got dual ports 55w PPS and 18w QC 3.0 simultaneously.
If it delivers the expected/hoped then it should be a good one for an office on the road

I have a car charger coming that do 45w PD/ 55w PPS simultaneously with 18w QC 3.0
I'll do a separate topic for testing/reviewing that when it arrives, it should be a good travel companion for people on the roads for work.

Bump to an old thread
Today I received a 73W car charger with PD/PPS charging ability that I will test out in real life over the next couple of weeks (it's a car charger and I don't do a lot of driving because of the Corona thing)
Charger is QC3.0 18W / PD3.0 45W /PPS 55W.
I'll do a separate thread on it once I get started testing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones