Pre-installed AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Seasider1953

Seasider1953 Member

OK, recently entered the happy world of Android Smartphones with a HTC Desire C and have just one (for now) question :-

The phone came pre-installed with several apps I don't particularly want or need (games & dropbox for example). Given I've heard it said that uninstalling things can screw up HTC Sense, Is it save to uninstall these ?

Failing that, is it possible to hide them ?

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Seasider1953! :hello:
    With Android 4.0 you have the ability to disable apps. If you go into Settings - Apps and choose one, you can click disable. You won't see it in your app drawer nor will you be able to use it. It doesn't delete it off your phone, just hides it. If it looks like bloatware, such as Dropbox (which is quite useful) or a golf game, those are okay to delete if you can.
    System apps like the dialer or the texting app, you should never delete.
    Seasider1953 likes this.
  3. Seasider1953

Seasider1953 Member

Thanks Natty, I'll have a look at disabling them later, will probably delete the games (except for Teeter) and hide Dropbox, that should clear out what I don't need.

Will probably have lots more questions in the future !!
  4. MrCarrot

MrCarrot Well-Known Member

I have disabled all the apps I am never going to use. This doesn't save any space but it stops them running in the background and cluttering up my app drawer.

There is however a bug whereby Google Books and Google Videos re-enable themselves and come back after rebooting.