Pre Installed clock setup fileGeneral

Last Updated:

1. maen

maen New Member

Hello every one, i did a root last week, & by mistake i deleted the clock app, thought it was a widget !!! i dont have problem with anything, the clock working perfectly, but i cant set an alarm :s and i prefer the original clock and alarm instead of the apps in the market, ,can any help me find the setup file for it PLEASE :)

2. RobboW

RobboW Member

Which version of the OS are you running? If it's not on 2.3.6 the update should fix the problem. If I could upload the file here somewhere, I'd copy it out from my phone.

Don't directly delete files from the phone, use a file manager and move them to a backup folder, or use a backup function in an app before deleting.

I use ES File Explorer. Best file manager I've tried so far. There is even an option to auto backup system apps when you uninstall :)

The file you want is ClockPackage.apk
    I'm not sure if you also need ClockPackage.odex, or if the OS will write that file for you. I'm not that knowledgeable with Android. I tried to copy an apk from one a50 to another and it didn't fix the problem in that one.

If you can't fix it, I recommend the "Alarm Clock" app from Play Store.

I use the Pro version, it's a great alarm app.