• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-loading apps

Welcome to AF :D

I am not sure what exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to download apps from the market then selling the device with the apps but not your google account? If so I don't think you can do so without removing your google account since the puchases/download on the device are attached to your account.

If you are making a custom OS version on the firmware you could add the app to /system on the device memory so it would survive a factory reset. I would suggest if you do this to check with the dev of the app to make sure it is okay if you distribute the app that way.

If you don't care if they survive a factory reset you could just sideload the apps and never sign into google on the device. Of course I would still suggest checking with the dev before doing this for the same reasons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones