• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pre-ordering q's

choij2000

May 13, 2010
hi,

i've never pre-ordered a phone before (i usually just get them from the sprint store), so i have a couple of questions:

1. if you pre-order from bestbuy or radio shack, do you have to pay activation fees? are they more than sprint store fees?

2. will bestbuy or the shack transfer your data over to your new phone? or do they charge you?

3. if i just order the Evo online, what's the easiest way to transfer my contacts from my old BB to the evo?

thanks in advance.

I have also never pre-ordered a phone from BB but I'm guessing that there will be an activation fee and that it should be the same as it would be in a Sprint store.

2. I dont know

3. I am in your same shoes...Blackberry owner with verizon going to switch to the EVO. If you dont have a gmail account then get one. sync your contacts with your computers address book then sync your computers address book with gmail contacts. I did that with my mac and it was pretty simple.

Upvote 0
hi,

i've never pre-ordered a phone before (i usually just get them from the sprint store), so i have a couple of questions:

1. if you pre-order from bestbuy or radio shack, do you have to pay activation fees? are they more than sprint store fees?

2. will bestbuy or the shack transfer your data over to your new phone? or do they charge you?

3. if i just order the Evo online, what's the easiest way to transfer my contacts from my old BB to the evo?

thanks in advance.

1. Same activation fees as sprint (on your bill not paid in store)

2. Best Buy will transfer your data. We do it for free though we have a SKU to charge if we feel like it. I havent seen my store ever charge for it.

3. Use desktop manager sync with outlook express then export them to gmail. They will then pull down over the air to your EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones