• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Predictive text is deleting words

Halipuppeh

Lurker
Apr 26, 2013
I've had my SIIx about two weeks now, and I love it. I upgraded to JellyBean earlier in the week, and the keyboard for text messaging is just pissing me off. :mad:

I'll be typing a sentence and I'll look back (sometimes) to find that it has deleted a word as soon as I've entered the next one.

For example, the other night, I wanted to tell my husband "I don't blame you." The predictive text deleted teh "don't" and just left "I blame you." I didn't realize it until his reply came "What am I being blamed for?"

It does it ALL the time, usually with shorter words like don't, can't, isn't, is, etc...

Is there any way to fix this? Before I upgraded to Jellybean with the Samsung keyboard, I *never* had this problem. Not once. I typed a word and it stayed there.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

I have discovered that it actually isn't the predictive text or autocorrect that is deleting words. It was the Samsung Keyboard. When I upgraded the OS, it removed Swype as an option for input and left only the crappy Samsung Keyboard. I downloaded SwiftKey and tried it free for a month and I haven't lost one word. I also don't feel like I have to teach it the English language from square one either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones