• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Predictive Text Suggestions...PAIN!!

pnehoops

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
Firstly, apologies if this is somewhere else. (I tried the search function to no avail)

I have the following issues with HTC Legend text service which are evident with Handcent etc (presumably as it's the same core system?)

Most words suggested come up as plural first... e.g mornings rather than morning. This continues despite selecting morning from the list it then offers.

View appears first instead of they. I know which word I use the most and having to select it constantly instead of just clicking space is annoying.

ay comes up instead of by. Ay is not a word saved in the dictionary. I have tried saving by and they (as per above problem) but this doesn't work.

Ga now appears instead of ha. Same situation as above.

These are trivial issues in the scheme of things but can be incredibly frustration on a supposed 'Smart' phone!

I have re calibrated touch settings, restored factory settings, cleared and re done dictionary... I have tried all manner of things. So annoying!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones