• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preparing for Captivate - Lots of apps--Lordie`

ewingr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
www.shuttermaster.co
I have updated my contacts and Google Calendar in preparation for the Captivate. Anxious to get going.

I have spent quite a few hours reviewing one 13 page thread of 'favorite apps', and put together a list that I interest in looking at.

I have some searching to do for some things that didn't come up. Priorities are good Calendaring; Easy use of voice for calling contacts; Financial Software to track stocks. Many other things of interest.

Here is what I probably will be installing for sure some time fairly quickly (not all of my interests are met in this list):

NOTE: The links may take you to a descriptive site, or may take you to a review.

Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF
LauncherPro
Beautiful Widgets Android Widget Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews
GOTO for Android
Vlingo Announces the Vlingo for Android Voice Recognition Application | Vlingo Blog | Vlingo

Spare Parts freeware download for Android phones
Locale for Android
BetterCut v2.4 Application for Android | Tools
Gmote > Android Remote
3G Watchdog v0.21.0 Application for Android | Tools
Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
Screebl - Get Your Screen On! v2.3.0 Application for Android | Tools
OurGroceries v1.2.1 Application for Android | Shopping
Camera ZOOM FX v2.4.5 NOTES: fix for Application for Android | Multimedia
Radar Now! v2.4 Application for Android | News & Weather

Listen Home

YouTube - AppAware Android App Review
Discover New Android Apps with AppAware
FatSecret Android Phones - Calorie Counter

I was not able to get my entire list in the post. But here is a link to a spreadsheet with a list and links if you are interested.

I interest in whatever folks think about various apps and what you have going too.

Regards, and let the fun begin :p

Reactions: Steemax
I"m starting to evaluate APPS on my list I built of apps to consider.

I've seen some threads about if there is problems with apps conflicting with each other, and the thought seemed to be not really.

I am likely going to put Launcher Pro on. And there are two other interesting apps I like:

What I'm wondering is if these types of apps sould work together, or if each is really considered a launcher.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Sure. I've read a lot on this forum, and was hoping I could hselp some. I continue to update it, with comments on some. It is not elegant.

You find anything interesting, pro or con, on the list, or new ones, drelrop a note back in this thread.

Related topic:

I wonder how many apps on the market are not Froyo/2.2 compatible. I'm optimistic that it won't be too long before we get 2.2. I can see spending a lot of time looking up apps, and installing, then lose them or have problems when upgrading to 2.2.

What does anyone think?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones