Previous Pre users?

Last Updated:

1. JMiller613

JMiller613 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm hoping someone on here was previously a Palm Pre user. I just got my Hero today and love it. I had a Pre before which I did all the "homebrew" stuff too which was basically like rooting. I had no problem doing that stuff to the Pre. It was actually quite easy but I read about rooting the Hero and it seems a lot more difficult and risky. So I'm hoping a previous Pre user will be able to chime in and give their opinion between the two. Regardless I'm not going back to the Pre.

Thanks guys/gals

Advertisement
  2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

homebrew isnt quite rooting you dont really have to do anything besides use web os quick install or preware....

rooting is as risky as rooting the pre i wouldnt stress to much over doing it though just make sure you follow the directions.

3. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

I came from a pre also. Ya, it's very easy to root the hero, just read everything before you start to make sure you understand what you are doing. It's worth it for the speed improvements and the ability to get rid of the bloatware.

4. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

Another Pre user here as well. The Pre kitchen(yes for android, the name could have been better) is just as easy to use as WebOS quickinstall, it just isn't as polished yet. Do your research and you'll be fine.

5. JMiller613

JMiller613 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses.

6. aplusmiami

aplusmiami Member

Former and current PRE user... Hero #1 Pre #2

7. lv2bll

lv2bll Well-Known Member

Fresh Kitchen = 2 click rooting!