• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prez Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cruz is a fake that patronizes the masses. Watch how he looks for a reaction to his words and then increases or changes his rhetoric to intensify the reaction. Trump don't care what ppl think and the like-minded will follow.
I agree with AZ.. Our candidate options ARE horrid but Trump is our best bet, giving what options we have. If he's nominated then I'll certainly be voting for him. Probably go register today

Trump is the one who is fake. He has flip flopped on ALMOST EVERY MAJOR ISSUE. He is pandering to get votes. He speaks like a third-world politician(believe me, I've experienced it).

He was for single payer health care.

He was for an assault weapons ban.

He criticized Mitt Romney for being against illegal immigration.

He has supported high taxes.

And now that he's using the GOP as his path to the White House, he realizes he can't say those things and get elected, so now he's saying what people want to hear. That is the EXACT DESCRIPTION of a politician. He's admitted to buying politicans to get his way. He's bankrupted 4 companies. That's 4 major failures that ended up cost somebody lots of money. He's the most called out by fact checkers for his dishonesty. He is an absolute embarrassment to this party.

The media is spinning coverage to help spur his popularity. They WANT him in the general, because Hillary will crush him.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz, who has been consistent on the issues since long before he became Senator...He's the one you guys call fake?

Upvote 0
Trump is the one who is fake.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz, who has been consistent on the issues since long before he became Senator...He's the one you guys call fake?

"You guys"? No. Not "You Guys". Me. I said I think he's fake. Cruz acts like & reminds me of someone I knew that was a very dirty b@$+@rd. I hope he's as good as you say cuz we need good ppl

Upvote 0
Republicans now see a Trump-Cruz race, with time for a shift running out

“Trump and Cruz sucked all the oxygen out of the room, which is bad news for the establishment folks,” said Barry Bennett, a veteran GOP strategist who recently resigned as campaign manager to Ben Carson. “It doesn’t look like much is going to stop them. They’re in a tier off to themselves, and I think our nominee is going to be Cruz or Trump.”

“He is starting to get the art of political debate,” O’Donnell said. “He’s starting to understand how to drive a message, how to seize the competitive advantage over his opponents. When he first started out, he would just say awful things and mix it up. Trump has now figured out how to sound more reasonable.”​

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I guess that's good for him...

”Over the years Palin has actually cultivated a number of relationships in Iowa,” said Craig Robinson, the former executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa and publisher of the website The Iowa Republican. ”There are the Tea Party activists who still think she’s great and a breath of fresh air, but she also did a good job of courting Republican donors in the state,” he added.​

Upvote 0
Sarah Palin cost John McCain 2 million votes in 2008, according to a study

We're looking at this now in light of Palin's endorsement of Donald Trump, of course, but it's important to set the context properly. We're not suggesting that this study means that Palin will have a deleterious effect on Trump in the primaries. On the contrary, Palin's endorsement likely helps solidify some support for Trump among conservative voters.​

Upvote 0
Donald Trump's 6 biggest campaign trail flip flops

Donald Trump flip-flopping is nothing new.

The GOP presidential front-runner has a history of changing his stances, as NBC's Chuck Todd so pointedly noted back in July. (The Fix has also documented this.)

But while many of those flips happened as Trump, over the years, transitioned from a Democrat to a Republican, they're also happening in the midst of his 2016 presidential campaign. In fact, he's made several total reversals within weeks or even days of initially staking out a position. And often his new position better aligns him with the conservative Republican base he's courting than his previous one.
Trump vs Trump

Businessman and 2016 Republican presidential contender Donald Trump, who has been surging to the top of polls following his brash, politically incorrect statements about illegal immigration, wowed huge audiences in Las Vegas and Phoenix over the weekend.

But while Trump was delivering red meat to energized grassroots crowds hungry for straight talk, NBC’s Meet the Press aired a video on Sunday which documents Trump’s about-face on several different important issues, showing an inconsistency that Trump must address if he desires to be a credible candidate for the long haul.

The man spoke out in favor of a pathway to citizenship as recently as 2012/2013. He was a registered democrat as recently as 2009. He has given A LOT of money to establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle. He has been a huge supporter of Mitch McConnell, the very embodiment of establishment politics in the US Senate. He has repeatedly supported single payer health insurance, has been in favor of a wealth tax, has supported an assault weapons ban, supported PARTIAL BIRTH abortion, etc.

Additionally, I honestly don't think he knows the constitution...AT ALL. I would bet you if you asked him his position on the 16th amendment in a debate, he would stammer through it with some BS answer that doesn't even come close to covering what the amendment is about, just as he did with the TRIAD or with the TPP(which, btw, he thought involved China). He's vocally supported shutting down houses of worship, of making people of a certain religion register with the government, of using religion as a criteria for immigration, shutting down free speech, etc. He's a big supporter of eminent domain and has used it for his own benefit.

This man is easily the most far left of the republican field. He made an off-color remark about immigration during his announcement. It was mentioned far less than 8 other topics. But because it was off color, the media picked up on it and made it his issue. He was never passionate about immigration before that. He's a fake. He's a media personality. He is bamboozling everybody.

Reactions: jefboyardee
Upvote 0
This man is easily the most far left of the republican field.

I agree, but if he gets the nomination, I'm a hundred percent behind him. If I had my druthers, I'd pick Cruz or Rubio, maybe even Fiorina, but their odds are getting slim. But all this polling means almost nothing – we'll get tangible opinions pretty soon.

Upvote 0
bjacks12, bet you never thought you'd agree with her... ;)

Jane Fonda Organizing 'Dump Trump' Campaign

Prominent actors, writers and thinkers joined a "Stop Hate Dump Trump" campaign to denounce the billionaire Republican presidential frontrunner, saying he is a threat to the United States.

Actors Harry Belafonte, Kerry Washington and Jane Fonda, filmmaker Jonathan Demme and intellectual Noam Chomsky are among those lending their support to the drive to prevent Donald Trump getting into the White House.

Upvote 0
This also means nothing, but it's interesting:

upload_2016-1-21_12-52-28.png

Upvote 0
bjacks will really like this:

Against Trump

Some conservatives have made it their business to make excuses for Trump and duly get pats on the head from him. Count us out. Donald Trump is a menace to American conservatism who would take the work of generations and trample it underfoot in behalf of a populism as heedless and crude as the Donald himself.​

Upvote 0
Not sure if this actually helps him...

Glenn Beck on Saturday endorsed Republican Ted Cruz for president of the United States during a rally Saturday for the Texas senator in Iowa.

“I am here to announce that I am endorsing Senator Ted Cruz as the next President of the United States!” Beck said to wild cheers from crowd at Faith Bible College in Ankeny.

Beck said Cruz is the candidate who will “repoint the cornerstones” in Washington.

Beck also highlighted Cruz’s many accomplishments — from winning landmark court cases to standing on principles grounded by the U.S. Constitution.​

Upvote 0
It really says a lot about his supporters. I've seen them justify a lot of unjustifiable things. I've also noticed that if they become moderators on forums or subreddits, they won't hesitate to ban people who disagree with them
What are you referring to? I only ask cuz there were 3 posts between your last 2 posts..

Upvote 0
Your post immediately before mine, regarding Trump's comment.
Gotcha, no problem. I'm not into being a Turd for disagreeing, I try to be more of a realist. ..and call out BS when I feel it's warranted. I don't agree with everything he says but it's actually scary to think that he's really one of our best options given the choices we currently have.. Sad state of affairs IMO.. [emoji28]
Cruz would be a good choice if he didn't reek of BS & "political calculation". [emoji33] Mark my words, he's closet slime.. You'll see. I've seen & witnessed ppl (who act) similar to him and when the curtain is pulled back everyone will be very shocked.

Upvote 0
Poll: Donald Trump gained 15 points on Ted Cruz in Iowa in two weeks

Earlier this month, Fox News released a poll showing Ted Cruz leading Donald Trump by four points. The two had a sizable lead over everyone else in the state, and the poll was confirming what others were showing: Cruz had an advantage.

On Sunday, Fox released another Iowa poll, with substantially different results. Now, Trump is up by 11 points, a 15-point swing in the two weeks between surveys. This poll, too, mirrors the recent trend: Trump has regained the advantage.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones