• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Primary line & employee discount

MRW1215

Mar 18, 2011
I'm part of a family plan, but I'm not the primary line. Me and the primary line holder can both get employee discounts (not Verizon employees, but discounts via our respective places of work), and my discount would be a lot bigger than the one we're getting from the primary line holder. Problem is, being that I'm only one of the lesser accounts, we can't use that discount.

So, what I'm wonder is, how do we go about switching my line to become the primary line, and then using my employee discount? Is it a simple process, or is it going to be a big headache?

My apologies for resurrecting a long dead thread. I wanted to relate my experiences with this very subject in the event someone wants this very question answered again.

My wife's name is the primary on our account and we use my %25 Discount with no problems. Everything was done online. We've had this account for several years now, no problems.

So I would say you shouldn't have a problem (Doesn't mean things won't change, we ARE talking about Verizon here :))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones