• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Probably switching to another wall charger

taiguy

Jun 3, 2010
Noticed that the HTC EVO's wall charger has the same issue which plagued the Palm Pre. The wall charger is fat! You can't fit it side by side with other plugs in a strip.

ACS110.jpg

I carry one of those around when I travel. They are a godsend in airports where all of the available power outlets are taken. You can just share one with other people. As it is, using either the Pre charger or the Evo charger you have to have to leave the middle outlet free because of the girth of these guys.

Looking around my spare parts bin at home I found my old iPod charger brick. Same 1A @ 5V output but skinnier.

Will look a little funny using the white ipod charger but it actually plays nice with other sockets!

I take the white Apple charger for any usb devices when I travel, too. Actually, after losing a newly purchased 8" micro usb cable just last week... I'm looking for white retractable micro-usb cable. Or any bright color. Makes it a little more likely it ends up packed.

Maybe I'm of an odd minority that wishes micro-usb cables came in colors like ethernet cables?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones