• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problem exporting contacts

missy31

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
I am going to have to do a factory reset and need to export my contacts. They were originally copied from my previous phone because they never syched to my gmial account. I am using a Droid Razr and Go Contacts. I got to Import/Export and choose Export to SD and it pops up the filename fine and I say OK. The issue is that when I try to find the file to import it isn't on the SD card. If I go to My Files then Internal phone storage and it shows a .vcf file size 45 KB but it only shows one contact email and it is one that I have deleted. I have fixed where it saves the contacts but I am terrified that I will lose them all.

I have tried but it just won't work. I have recently created anew gmail account but can't get them there either. Changing gmail accounts it the reason I am needing to export them. I read that if you can export them then go to My Files and find the file and click on it that it would give me the option to save to gmail. Apparently I saved them initially to phone only and read that exporting and importing is the only way to get them to sync.

Upvote 0
So, let's see.

Are all of your contacts on the phone or SIM?

Because you must be doing something wrong. I exported all my contacts to a .vcf file and it worked out of the box.

How can't you sync? If they're on the phone, just enable the contacts sync and they will appear at Google Contacts website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones