• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem getting album art for my music

M

MJSisco93

I have all of my music in iTunes, and I had to manually download the album art for all of my albums.

An example, I have an album in a folder and in the folder contains all the songs, including the JPG image of the album art. I titled it "AlbumArt.jpg" as I hear you're suppose to do.

I add all my music into iTunes and I do the whole "Get Info" thing and I add all of the album/mixtape artwork to all of the corresponding albums/mixtapes...no problems yet.

I then use Winamp (I use the option to import all of my iTunes songs into Winamp) to sync all of my music to my phone, now here's the problem, the album artwork doesn't show up.

As far as the whole "AlbumArt.jpg" step, I've read online that that's what you're suppose to do to add all of your album art, what mistake did I make?

Sorry if this explanation isn't clear, feel free to ask any questions
Any help is appreciated

Thanks.

iPod/iTunes normally associates pictures in the same folders no problem, as well as other music players for Android, like Ubermusic and I think PowerAmp. However, some other players like WinAMP, you need the pictures embedded into the music file, and not simply sitting in the same folder. There is an option in iTunes for embedding (not really sure how to activate it as I dont use iTunes, I just remember this fix was suggested once in the Nokia forum some time ago), so you need to activate that. Or you can manually add the album art to the music files via a program like TagScanner.

Or you could also use WimAmp for computers to manage the music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones