• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suresh98

Lurker
Aug 28, 2023
I have downloaded a app mod from somewhere and I don't know. Now I tried to update it it said conflict with package so I uninstall it and by accident I selected keep app data and try to install from play store but it's not installing and tried another mod but it's showing update not install option.
Screenshot_20230828_144503_Package installer.jpg

You should try using 'Clear data' before you do an Uninstall. Using Clear data will remove the app's settings and configuration settings, and the app's cache. Then try to install the app from the Play Store.
Using Clear data does not remove your saved music and video files. It pertains to the app's settings options so when you launch the app you need to redo any changes you made to the XPlayer app Settings that you had made before. Or if you don't recall even making any changes to the app's Settings than it will just run the same as before.

If there is some issue about the Play Store version of the XPlayer app that prompted you to use a 'modded' (a.k.a 'pirated') version instead, why not just abandon using XPlayer entirely and use a different media player instead? The VLC app is very versatile and includes a really wide range of file types/codecs, and it's free with no ads; the Poweramp app is popular, pay-for (only $7) media player that's also very capable; I like the MX Player app. it has a very extensive Settings menu with lots of options to customize the user interface and optimize hardware and software codec/decoder playback. (free version is really heavy with ads, pro version is just $6). These are just some examples, there are plenty of other viable media apps to choose from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones