• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem Making Calls on AT&T

adamzeit

Lurker
Jul 9, 2009
Hi guys....just got my Magic today (Rogers) and things went pretty smoothly. Phone unlocked fine, AT&T's APN entered correctly, web browsing is good, Exchange is up and running, etc. But, I am having a problem dialing outbound calls....it is only working intermittently. I'm in a known good service area (5 bars) and have strong signal. Half the time I try to make an outbound call, it fails after about 5 seconds of just sitting there and saying "dialing" - it just craps-out and I get the fast busy signal and a "called failed" message. I try again - same thing. Every once and a while it will go through - and then the cycle happens all over again. This isn't happening in any of my other devices...could there be a setting in the "phone" area that I have to tweak or something?

I would appreciate anyone's input....obviously a phone that doesn't make calls consistantly is no good to me! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones