• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem receiving photos and bids thru messaging.

Hmmm, we need more information please.

First off I wish to verify that you are using a Motorola Razr M (XT907) that is rooted.

What pictures are you talking about that aren't showing? Are they your contacts pictures, or picture messages? If it is picture messages, are you clicking or not seeing the 'download' link in your messaging app?

Also, have you changed your custom ROM recently (I ask assuming your phone is rooted)? If so, did you do a factory data reset after creating a nandroid backup and before flashing the ROM?

I've got more because there are more things that could have affect on your problem, but I'll wait for now for your answer(s).

Upvote 0
I have no idea if my phone is rooted. I don't really know what that does.
My phone is like when I bought it. Just the updates and such.

The photos are sent via messages. When I look at the little green smiley square, it shows a number, which is unread messages. When I click on it message center opens to the person who sent them, and if its text I can read it, but it doesn't show any messages with a photo in it.
I've received photos before via messaging and have been able to view them. This time I can't.

Upvote 0
I have no idea if my phone is rooted. I don't really know what that does.
My phone is like when I bought it. Just the updates and such.

The photos are sent via messages. When I look at the little green smiley square, it shows a number, which is unread messages. When I click on it message center opens to the person who sent them, and if its text I can read it, but it doesn't show any messages with a photo in it.
I've received photos before via messaging and have been able to view them. This time I can't.

First off I wish to verify that you are using a Motorola Razr M (XT907) that is rooted.

Ok, that is a start, therefore I moved your thread from the all things root section of the Motorola Razr M (XT907) to the main section whit a [Support] prefix.

So now to proceed, you say that your phone is just like you bought it with the updates and such.

We have read many problems of people using the XT907 after the latest update. With that in mind, perhaps a factory data reset will fix your problems. If you wish you can go to the play store and download and install My Backup to save all your SMS, MMS, and call logs if you wish before doing so. You can also use it to backup and restore your apps. That way you can restore that part of your data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones