• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem Receiving Pictures in Text messages (mms)

rangers28

Nov 23, 2009
I tried searching for this problem, but only came up with one thread, which was not helpful....

For a while now, I don't know exactly how long, my phone stopped receiving pictures in text messages. I get a notification that a new text msg is in, but when I click on it, it just says "downloading". Once in a blue moon the pic will appear after about 20 minutes, but most of the time it never comes up. I am using Handcent, but I get the same result with the stock messaging program.

The one thread I saw said that a hard reset had to be done. I really don't want to have to do that.....

Anyone else?? This is a HUGE problem for me!! Thanks!

Okay, so I've spent two days fiddling with uninstalling/installing different programs and trying to solve my picture issues without resetting my phone.

I've uninstalled ATK and Handcent. I reinstalled Handcent, but had the same problem, so I uninstalled it.

Then I installed Chomp and I randomly received some pics, but not others. Then I uninstalled Chomp, and used just the stock messaging app (which I hate...so boring!!). The stock program, again, showed some pics as well, but more than Chomp. So, I installed SMS Popup and used the stock messaging app to open my msgs. Seems to work a little better.

Now, it seems that I receive most of the pics that have been taken by other cameras, but not forwarded texts/pics. If I receive a pic from another Sprint user, the photo comes up pretty quickly. If one of my Verizon friends send me a pic, it can take up to several HOURS to receive the pic, if at all.

If the pic is a forwarded text, like a joke or something, with a pic or video, or has sound, it doesn't seem to come up at all.

This is ridiculous, do I contact Sprint or HTC?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones