Problem Receiving Pictures in Text messages (mms)

Last Updated:

1. rangers28

rangers28 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I tried searching for this problem, but only came up with one thread, which was not helpful....

For a while now, I don't know exactly how long, my phone stopped receiving pictures in text messages. I get a notification that a new text msg is in, but when I click on it, it just says "downloading". Once in a blue moon the pic will appear after about 20 minutes, but most of the time it never comes up. I am using Handcent, but I get the same result with the stock messaging program.

The one thread I saw said that a hard reset had to be done. I really don't want to have to do that.....

Anyone else?? This is a HUGE problem for me!! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Kuhlmanb

Kuhlmanb Member

How many Text Msgs do you have in your inbox?

3. rangers28

A LOT! u think that's the problem? I'll clean up my inbox n see if that works...

4. rangers28

Oh well, that didn't work :( Thanx anyway, Kuhl....
    Any other ideas before the dreaded reset?

5. FearTheElf

FearTheElf Member

I have a similiar problem... can't see MMS in Handcent, BUT if I open the stock messaging program it comes through. Any ideas?

6. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Do you have WiFi on?

7. DBolanos

DBolanos Member

Do u have a task manager? I had the same problem but i uninstalled task panel and any other app that can effect that..

8. rangers28

I don't have WiFi on, but I do use task killer. Although, I used to receive. pics fine even with TK...ill try uninstalling it n see what happens.

I've heard that u can't send texts if ur phones memory is too low. I have about 21mb left. Think that could be it? (i can send pics, no prob...)

9. DBolanos

DBolanos Member

idk,, did uninstalling it help?

10. rangers28

Okay, so I've spent two days fiddling with uninstalling/installing different programs and trying to solve my picture issues without resetting my phone.

I've uninstalled ATK and Handcent. I reinstalled Handcent, but had the same problem, so I uninstalled it.

Then I installed Chomp and I randomly received some pics, but not others. Then I uninstalled Chomp, and used just the stock messaging app (which I hate...so boring!!). The stock program, again, showed some pics as well, but more than Chomp. So, I installed SMS Popup and used the stock messaging app to open my msgs. Seems to work a little better.

Now, it seems that I receive most of the pics that have been taken by other cameras, but not forwarded texts/pics. If I receive a pic from another Sprint user, the photo comes up pretty quickly. If one of my Verizon friends send me a pic, it can take up to several HOURS to receive the pic, if at all.

If the pic is a forwarded text, like a joke or something, with a pic or video, or has sound, it doesn't seem to come up at all.

This is ridiculous, do I contact Sprint or HTC?

11. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

rangers28,

Contact sprint, they not be able to do anything. They might say its verizon's network.

Also try not to post the same thing in multiple threads.