1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

problem updating galaxy 2Support

Last Updated:

1. shachar911

shachar911 Member

hi.
    I have galaxy s2 ver 2.3.3 and I want to update it to the latest version.
    I can't find up new updates with the phone update because it says that there is no available update and can't use samsung keys because : "your device does not support software upgrading via kies".
    what should I do?

by the way, the device was bougth in a private store.

Advertisement
  2. shachar911

shachar911 Member

someone?
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

What carrier are you with?

This way I could potentially move this thread to the device forum for your specific S2 to get some proper assistance from other S2 users.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hi shachar911...

Welcome aboard. As mentioned by DC...in order for us to assist you with the best help possible, we would have to know which carrier you are with.

However, what I can say to you is, from what I've read in your post, it seems like there isn't any update available for your device at this time. So, your only other option might be to "root" the device. Which isn't always the best choice for everyone.

Let's know if there is anything else we can help you with. :)
  5. shachar911

shachar911 Member

my carrier is of cellcom
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have moved this thread into the Samsung Galaxy S2 International forums since I assume Cellcom is based in Israel.

Anyhow, have you called them and seen if they have any idea when an update will be available for your device because more than likely they are holding you back.

Hope this helps :)
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Just follow the istructions in posts #1 & #2, here to manually update your phone.