• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem with aahk

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo26

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
hi

i rooted my dhd on my laptop aaages ago, now my wifes got one and am trying to use the same software as i did on mine.

i looked for updates to aahk or any way of making it simpler these days, but it seems links have been removed etc, so i just decided to root using the old copy of aahk thats still on my laptop.
read the effen manual first, disabled the services it advises to and....

i get to the first stage, and error.............

it says either the phone hasnt got usb debugging enabled (it has) or

the phone isnt set to charge only (it is) or

the usb drivers arent installed (the effen manual says to extract them from tools/windrivers, so ive done that, but cant verify theyve installed ok, cos i just dont know how to double check that.)

any ideas?

thanks

just got a bit further but another error. i tried copying all the text but it wont let me copy and paste. but it was on about having to downgrade, instal a different RUU etc. i said yes to it, but said it was a bad md5sum, bad mojo and something about renaming PG98IMG-PG98IMG-2 or something like that.

any ideas from here?

thanks

Upvote 0
Try using the latest version from here mate,Advanced Ace Hack Kit (retired – saved for posterity) | TAU – It's All About The Negative. If that's the version you already have, then the fact that it wont detect the drivers sounds like they haven't been installed. Try un-installing it all and start from scratch.
Failing that, maybe a ubuntu live cd is the way?

thanks mate, its not the version i have, but when i click the link its a page not found. this is what im finding, support seems to have been removed?

just tried again and it looks like theres a problem with the PG98IMG/PG98IMG-GB2 i think it is. im not techy enough to be able to understand it really.

EDIT:

this version of andoid cannot use the hack kit at this time, do you want to downgrade, so i say yes.

the syntax of this command is incorrect
parameter format not correct - "PD98IMG-GB2.zip"

woah dude, bogus md5sum, bad mojo, no file to flash

check it out, renamed the file to PD98IMG/PD98IMG-GB2.zip-bad

you can re-download the file and keep going

download this ruu?

i say 'yes', same problem, obviously cos something needs to change

thanks

Upvote 0
alos just looked in the PD98IMG folder and the PD98IMG-GB2 is in there at 0kb, and a text file saying 'optional, place a PD98IMG.zip file here, case sensitive, must be a mix of recovery etc etc......'

do i need another PD98IMG.zip file from somewhere to place in that folder? and if so, whats the -GB2 file thats in there???

im confused :-/

EDIT: still playing around with this. i renamed the -GB2 file to just PD98IMG, and tried again. exactly the same error message, so i cancelled and went back to look in the PD98IMG folder.

therres now the earlier txt file, the renamed PD98IMG file, and another PD98IMG-GB2 that it must have created itself. still confused :-/

Upvote 0
thanks mate, mine was 07052012, so this ones newer. still giving an error tho. got slightly further inasmuch as there seemed to be a named RUU in the text this time. ive pasted the lot below. mean anything to you?

thanks

Ace Advanced Hack Kit [Linux/OSX/Windows] attn1 2011/2012

| * SIM Unlock |
2 - DONATE (Encouraged, but optional) | * SuperCID |
Free HTC goldcard generator | RevSkills | * Root |
http://www.eff.org/ | * Busybox |
| |
o - Options Menu (Return to Stock, Flash radios, etc)
t - Toggle Flash Method - current method is fastbootRUU

q - Quit

[Select and press Enter]1

This version of Android cannot use the hack kit at this time.

You can downgrade if you like, then rerun the hack step.

WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE DATA

[Would you like to downgrade? y/n]y

Download this RUU? [y,n]y
--2013-03-03 15:46:39-- http://tau.shadowchild.nl/files/PD98IMG-GB2.zip
Resolving tau.shadowchild.nl... 176.9.40.154
Connecting to tau.shadowchild.nl|176.9.40.154|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2013-03-03 15:46:39 ERROR 404: Not Found.

The syntax of the command is incorrect.
Parameter format not correct - "PD98IMG-GB2.zip".

Woah dude[tte] - bogus md5sum! Bad mojo.... no file to flash

Check it out - renamed the file to PD98IMG/PD98IMG-GB2.zip-bad

You can re-download the file and keep going....

Download this RUU? [y,n]

Upvote 0
Not that i have a great understanding, but to me it looks like its trying to download the PD98IMG and possibly getting a corrupt/incomplete file (hence "bad MD5Sum"). And I think even if you download the other link I sent you, I don't think the PD98IMG is in there either.
Still trying to figure how to send you the Hack kit and all the ingredients that i have.
PM your email to me and i will try and figure it out.:)

Upvote 0
downloaded it, and used it. worked a treat!!! you star!!

bit of a wobbly moment when it had downgraded and went to hack again and said error, but i realised it was cos the new software on the phone that hadnt got the usb debugging tick box sorted. once id done that, it worked again flawlessly.

thatll do for now i think, spent enough time on it today, ill look at sticking IColdS on it for wifey tomorrow :)

once again mate, thanks ever so much :)

Upvote 0
Any time mate, these forums have helped me loads, so it's nice to give something back.
Haven't used the Desire HD for a while (since upgraded to the nexus 4), but I think the last Rom I used was Ice cold sandwich. Got Rom, nice and stable.

Happy flashing. :D

you sound like a man after my own heart :)

my dhd is on ice cold sandwich a the moment, so thats why im putting it on my wifes. and the nexus 4 is hopefully gonna be my next phone too :)

thanks again

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones