• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with app drawer

hybucket

Sep 23, 2012
On Galaxy 10 - my app drawer had a 4 pages of apps previously. It now has 4 additional pages, each one containing one or two duplicate apps of what are on the older 4 pages. HOw do I get rid of them? I've found older posts that apply to a specific "Launcher," but I have no idea what that means, and am using only what the Samsung phone provides.

The "launcher" is the app that provides your desktops and app drawer. So you are using Samsung's launcher, even if you hadn't realised. That's all it is really.

Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung, and so don't know what app drawer features Samsung's launcher includes. Are there any other clues, such as titles on those extra pages? Otherwise we'll need to wait for someone who owns a recent Samsung to have a guess.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
On Galaxy 10 - my app drawer had a 4 pages of apps previously. It now has 4 additional pages, each one containing one or two duplicate apps of what are on the older 4 pages. HOw do I get rid of them? I've found older posts that apply to a specific "Launcher," but I have no idea what that means, and am using only what the Samsung phone provides.

Check settings > apps and see if you can locate the Samsung launcher, not sure what it might be called, but you'll want to clear the cache and see if that helps. It may not show up in apps. Anyway, just go to the app store and look for "launcher", and a plethora of apps will appear. Try some of them out, you can always go back via "default apps". I've played with a bunch. Fun stuff. Settled on, ironically, the Microsoft launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones