• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with app on android stick

Dawood166

Lurker
Sep 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I specifically made an account to ask the following question.

I live in the Netherlands and I'm subscribed to a service called Sport1 to watch all kinds of sports live online for a fee per month. A few months ago, they released an android app which is available in the play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.chellomedia.sport1

I have bought an android usb-stick to use with this app. It's the RK3188 Quad Core CX-919.

The problem is, the app only installs from the play store on devices running android 4.0 or higher and have a screen larger than 10 inch. The android stick meets these requirements (my tv is 50 inch) but apparently the app doesn't see that.

I did a search on the Internet to find the apk but I couldn't find it. Is there anyone who can help me please?

I'm getting "This app is incompatible with your device.", on a Samsung phone with 4.1. Problem is there's very few Android devices with screens larger than 10 inches. And there's absolutely no way to tell an Android stick how large your TV is AFAIK. Suggest you contact the devs about it, see what they have to say.
Thanks for your reply. I get the exact same message on google play store. I will contact the devs but I doubt they will do anything about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones