• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with Desire HD

brett1223

Lurker
Jan 6, 2011
Hello people,

Im new to Android Phones and iv came across a problem.

Im currently on Vodaphone and took the contract out on a Nokia N97. The Nokia broke so i decided to go for a HD. I bought the phone at a bargain price but the phone was locked to T-Mobile. Iv Unlocked the phone and the Vodaphone Sim works but i cant get the internet working.
The internet works fine with Wifi but does not work using the roaming internet im paying for with Vodphone.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Brett

Hello people,

Im new to Android Phones and iv came across a problem.

Im currently on Vodaphone and took the contract out on a Nokia N97. The Nokia broke so i decided to go for a HD. I bought the phone at a bargain price but the phone was locked to T-Mobile. Iv Unlocked the phone and the Vodaphone Sim works but i cant get the internet working.
The internet works fine with Wifi but does not work using the roaming internet im paying for with Vodphone.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Brett

You need to make sure you have the Vodafone settings for MMS and internet on the phone Brett. Menu, Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names. I'm on Orange and in there i have Orange Internet and Orange MMS, you need to have somthing similar but obviously reading Vodafone.

Upvote 0
Brett,

I have absolutely no idea why my response about the lens being clean appeared in this thread! Apologies if that confused you!

I was replying to a thread about their being a pink spot in the middle of photos - god knows how it ended up in here!!!

Anyway, to solve your problem, search the net for Vodafone APN settings, or go to the Voda website and see if it can send them to your DHD.

Regards

Upvote 0
Ditto....I had exactly the same problem.
Need to set up a new APN for mobile & MMS. Set up for each as follows:

SETTINGS/WIRELESS & NETWORKS/MOBILE NETWORKS/ACCESS POINT NAMES

then hit menu> new APN

Fill in as follows:

NAME: Vodafone Internet
APN: Internet
USER NAME : web
PASSWORD : web

Ignore evrything else.

Come out of it. You should see a new entry on the screen. Tick to activate.

Go in again....new APN for MMS

NAME: Vodafone MMS
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
PROXY: 212.183.137.012
PORT: 8799
USERNAME: wap
PASSWORD: wap
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS PROXY: 212.183.137.012

Come out & click on MMS entry to activate.

All should be running!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones