Problem with Gmail notifications after 2.0.1 update

Last Updated:

1. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did the manual update to 2.0.1 this morning and just now realized that I wasn't getting any incoming email notifications for Gmail. I sent myself a test message from another account and it did not show up on my droid. i went into accounts and manually synced it and now all is well. So, if you notice this issue after the update, just manually sync your accounts and see if that solves it.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, I just refreshed my e-mail from the Gmail app and it started receiving again.

3. benna12

benna12 Active Member

I am not getting the vibrating notification for Gmail or SMS messages after the update. I have done a power cycle....anyone else?

4. chiefsfan

chiefsfan Member

I use handcent sms so I'm not sure about vibrations for that. (disabled notifications for default sms)

However, I did notice gmail wasn't notifying me of new mail. I turned sync off and back on using the regular power widget. It seems to be functioning like normal now.

5. benna12

benna12 Active Member

My Gmail sync is lousy now....if I click the sync button on and off on the power widget, it will sync when I do this, but is very slow to sync on its own....

the no vibrating notifications is very annoying....

6. rag133

rag133 Well-Known Member

Same issue here, I have not gotten one gmail notification today and I have received several emails which I got at my home computer.

7. Powers

Powers New Member

Having the same issue after auto update this morning. In accounts, turned Gmail sync off/on, refreshed inbox in Gmail app, reset vibrate and sound notifications and then finally rebooted Droid.
    Gmail sync is still sporadic. Notified approx. 20sec after sending a message from a different account and another took 5min. Also, I usually have sound and vibrate and some notifications have been both and some only vibrate. Very annoyed. No other issues found on 2.0.1 so far.

8. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

I've been having this issue on/off WITHOUT the update. Usually, a power cycle corrects it for me, temporarily, of course.

9. joshteran

joshteran Member

I too am having this same problem after the OTA update. It's unfortunate because this is one of the single most important features on the phone (getting my email!). Has anyone found a remedy for this problem yet?

10. benna12

benna12 Active Member

the Gmail push seems to be quicker now...but, it seems that when I try to either set my phone to vibrate, ring or silent via the phone rocker itself, I have the issues with notifications, but I installed ring toggle and that seems to have corrected the vibrate notification issue I was having. I found it easier in the past to use the rocker to set my ring mode, but will use the ring toggle app until I see it change.

11. Powers

Powers New Member

Approx. 30 min after resetting everything in my previous post, Gmail push and notifications have been working correctly. Emails to Inbox and Droid have been close to simultaneous. Still using volume rocker, sound and vibrate notifys are working. Cautiously optimistic since it has been working close to flawless on 2.0 since I got my Droid on Day 1.

12. benna12

benna12 Active Member

so strange, now if I try to use my rocker for the ring mode, if I put it from vibrate to ring, it always rings/vibrates now instead of just ring and when I go back to vibrate, it is silent....using the Ring Toggle app makes it work correctly. I have even uninstalled the ring toggle and the rocker still does not work correctly.