• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with HTC Sync and Google

Xammy

Lurker
Mar 6, 2010
Hi all :) I own an HTC Hero via T-Mobile in the Netherlands (it's called the G2 Touch). I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit and thought I'd give HTC Sync another try, as it would never work for me in the past when I had the trial 32 bit version. After a lot of googling and trying to figure things out I did the thing with the vista drivers and my phone FINALLY connected with HTC Sync on my computer.

This is where I have gotten confused. I got a pop up telling me that there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Then it tells me to add one. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to add there it says to add it in the 'default programs control panel' but I'm not sure where that is. The only options available to me in the setup is windows contacts, of which I have none.

All my contacts on my phone are google contacts, I also use the google calendar. I have my gmail address on my phone and when I add something on the calendar on my PC it shows up on my phone, etc... but there is no option in HTC sync for me to choose to sync any of my google products.

I looked under the data sync options in the settings and all the google bits are checked.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is frustrating and is not at all idiot proof like you'd expect it to be.

*Bangs her head against her desk* Hope you can help me figure it out before I yank my last few strands of hair :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones