problem with mic (microphone)?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnInCackalackey

JohnInCackalackey Member This Topic's Starter

I searched all through the board and couldn't find anything on this problem:

When I'm talking to my wife on my Samsung Moment, she often complains she can't hear me. She says, "speak into the microphone!" Even if I speak directly into the hole in the bottom of my Moment, she still says my voice is muffled and she can't hear.

When I switch to my bluetooth earpiece she hears me perfectly. I use my bluetooth all day long (this is my work phone), but then after hours, I prefer to ditch the ear-itating earpiece.

Three questions:
    Is my Moment's mic busted?
    Is my wife hard-of-hearing?
    Must I permanently insert my earpiece, babel-fish style?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

It really sounds like your mic is busted. From what I can tell, the Moment has a very good mic. All calls are loud and clear on the other end on my phone. Since your phone is under warranty, I would definitely exchange it.

3. JohnInCackalackey

JohnInCackalackey Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so now the problem is sporadic...

I was walking through the airport, talking on the Moment, coordinating with my wife. No bluetooth. She heard me fine this time!

She insists that the other time (calling her from a hotel) I sounded like I was "under water." It's happened before on at least one other occasion.

There's been a few intermittent problems on my Moment, things that usually go away after I power-down and re-start the phone. I'm wondering if there could be a software error that causes the mic to not work?

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I don't know about that one dude. I'd just call it bunk and go exchange that. Might as well, it's still good for a change.