• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Partitioned Internal SD card! I can't get full size back!

MxPlay

Lurker
Dec 31, 2014
Mi name is Michael! :D Hope you have a great new years eve and new year! I was wondering if someone can bring me some help :D Thanks in advance for all of your efforts and answers!

I have a Android Matricom G-Tab Quantum Tablet with 1gb internal Memory (tablet and system Space) and a 16 gb internal storage.

I was running out of space in the 1gb memory and since android doesnt use the interal storage just for pics and videos I decided to partion it so I could move with link2sd some apps.

I partioned the 16gb interal storage using MiniTool Partition wizard like this:

• 8 gb fat32 as primary partition
  • The rest as a ext4 partition!
The partition were done correctly but when my tablet tried to read the internal sd it didnt show 8gbs as I spected. It only showed 363 mb. So I connected back the sd to pc,I run diskpart and "supposedly" clean all the partition from the sd card and in the process deleting any partion and restoring back its original size and everthing and format it as fat32.

The pc show that the sd card has a fat32 partition of 8gb and it lists 8gb as the whole space of the sd card so its missing the space from the ext4 partition but when I open the Minitool Partition wizard it only displays the 8gb fat32 partition as the "whole" space and only partition of the sdcard no signs of the ext4 partition(or it's space)

I put the sdcard on a Linux based system too look for the ext4 partition but with no effort Gported only shows the fat32 partition just like Minitool Partition Wizard!

Also everytime from then I connect the tablet to the pc it also reads a second disk of 1kb but you cant open it or format it! I'm suspecting this has something to do but I dont know what do with it!

Now in the tablet it only display the 363 mb as internal storage but I cant seem to access it from anywhere I dont know where this 363 partition cames from. If I put files on the 8gb partition I cant access them on the device! and If I boot to recovery (Stock android recovery) And try to open a file from the "internal Sd card" it says: "Cant mount /sdcard" and if I insert an external sd card I can only access it from the recovery but from the device it always shows the 363mb as the only storage. Also I cant seem to download anything on this 363 mb partition! :S

I also noted if I open the storage folder with a rooted file explorer It reads the next folders:Sdcard0,Sdcard1,Sdcard2,extsd,usbhost.

and I remember that before all of this happened the sdcard2 folder didnt exist.

I have tried the next apps to "restore" my internal sd card back to its full size but none of them have work:

• SD Card Formatter
  • Mini Tool Partition Wizard
  • EaseUS Partition Master
  • HP Format Tool
Its important to know that when I open Mini Tool Partition Master and the Tablets is connected now it crashes. If you Open it without the tha tablet connected its starts fine, after it starts you connect the tablet to the pc and refresh the device list and it loads the fat32 8g disk and also load the 1kb with no partition disk, if you click the 1kb disk it crashes and closes abruptly!

I also tried a bit of testdisk but I dont uderstand that much that appliacation supposedly it restored my partition table but I cant see diference.

I also tried restoring the phone to fabric point! but its still the same!
UPDATE: If I connect the tablet as an media system I can access the 363 mb storage!

UPDATE2: I inserted a 2 gb external sd card and it reads the external sd card, so I partitioned the sd card (1gbfat and 1gbext2) and when I inserted it back it only read 354 mb just as the internal sd card! Also If I connect the tablet with the external sd card to the pc! It only list the 1gbfat partition and doesnt list its ext2 partition nor the internal sd card! I went back and deleted all partition from the external sdcard and inserted again and now it displays it 2 gb size correctly!

Is there a different way to access the internal sd card and format it back to one partition ?

Thanks in advance for your help! Sorry for my English its not my main language! If you need more details just ask me!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones