• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with SMS on JB Roms

gobucks2k3

Jan 10, 2013
Ive found a few others out there that have had this issue but there seems to be no explanation or fix yet so Im gonna give it a go....

First .. I am running an Evo V 4g on Virgin mobile that came loaded with ICS

Now.... ALL Jellybean/CM10 Roms are causing this issue... once they are flashed, one of two things happens: either I cannot recieve any texts as soon as ive flashed, or text works fine for awhile and then I suddenly stop receiving any texts.

I can send texts just fine and everything else works ok, but I am just unable to receive.

I have flashed every compatible Jb and CM10 rom I can find and every single one has caused this issue, ICS roms run just fine.

I am flashing the roms properly, full wipes, no dirty flashes ect...

RUU does nothing to help, nor does updating/changing radio, nor does the MMS fix for CM10

Any thoughts, and anyone else having this issue?

Solution 1 -

Change the SMSC Number with another app (Go SMS PRO) from the Store.

Solution 2 -

The Issue

After flashing JellyBean you are not able to send SMS, getting an SMS Error everytime. This is because the SMSC Number is not defined, or defined the wrong way

The Solution

You have to define the SMSC Number in PDU Format to make it work again.. so how to do it ?

1.) Open up PDU Encoder

2.) Insert your desired SMSC Number in the SMSC Field
Leave the receiver field blank
Alphabet Size should be 7
Delete the "how are you?" so that it is blank
Convert it

3.) On the hexadecimal PDU Message dont use the first field (AT+CMGW=x)
We will use the PDU Message on the second field
In my Case (Hutchison 3G Austria) 06913466006006110000910000AA00

4.) On your phone enter the phone number *#*#4636#*#*
Go to telephone info and click on the SMSC Tab (which is blank at the moment)
Enter your PDU Message from above
Click on the First Refresh Button (it should display update error, this is normal)
Click on the second Refresh Button (in this case it could display the number or still give you an error - but should work nonetheless)

You Are Done !!

Hope this helps some people to get your sms working.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones