• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with uploading resume to website with my phone? Please help

rybrum

Lurker
May 13, 2013
Hey everyone any help will be appreciated. So I have my resume on my phone as a pdf file. I have Adobe and KingsoftOffice . But when I'm on my browser and filling out an application I get to the part that says "upload resume" choose file. When I click choose file my phone only gives me an option of selecting camera, music files, camcorder, ect. ? Does anyone know why? It gives me no option at all to select apdf or document file.

Most job sites accept either .doc, .docx or .txt files. Convert the file to a doc file (use a computer if you have to) and put it into a folder on the phone that you know your uploading allows you to get to. Then upload it. (Most companies prefer .docx files, because it shows that you know the current industry and it makes it easier for them to use the file.)

Upvote 0
First off be sure to scroll down that window of choices (Camera, Camcorder, Music Player, etc., etc.) to see your other options. If you also keep your resume in your Dropbox or Google Drive those options will show also. If you have a file manager app like 'ES File Explorer' on your phone (highly recommended BTW), that will also be showing as an option. In that case just use ES to navigate to wherever you have your resume stored on your phone and select it that way.

Regarding the docx suggestion, I just want to point out that while MS Word is definitely the dominant word processor out there, using pdf does have some advantages. A pdf will keep it's formatting and appearance the way its creator intended, there is higher degree of likelihood it will appear exactly the same on different computers, while doc and docx files are tied to years of multiple versions and compatibility packs of MS Word (with numerous backward and forward compatibility issues due to Microsoft's love of vendor lock-in) along with the inherent problems of different operating systems relying on different sets of fonts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones