Problems capturing screenshots on Mac

Last Updated:

1. HotGhettoMess

HotGhettoMess Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So instead of going the rooted route out of fear of voiding my warranty and tampering with my phone, I've done extensive searching on how I can capture screenshots using my Mac OSX (10.4.11). I'm at my wit's end after encountering a multitude of issues and have even tried using a Windows PC which didn't work either for a different reason.

Every time I try opening up the DDMS on my Mac, there's a window that pops up saying: There is no default application specified to open the document "ddms".

[​IMG]

After seeing if certain applications would make it open, it doesn't work. Where do I go from here? Aside from having the latest Java software (which I'm not even sure, although whenever I check for updates there's no option for it on the list), do I need anything else to make it open and operate?

If anyone could help me out here I would GREATLY appreciate it. I wanted to drop in on the "Post your Screenshots!" thread but I would've looked like a pendejo with my ghetto-fab pictures of my phone shot from my digital camera.

Advertisement
  2. HotGhettoMess

...Bueller?

...Bueller?

3. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I'm new to mac and still learning but i think if you hit command-control-shift-4 or command-shift-3.

4. gorn

gorn Well-Known Member

You need to launch ddms from the terminal. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and drag ddms onto the terminal window, then hit enter.

HotGhettoMess likes this.
  5. HotGhettoMess

At first it wasn't quite working when I was hitting 'enter' until I hit it a few more times. Next thing I know, a new program pops up on the task bar, and lo and behold - the DDMS application was launched! It worked man!

Thank you very much. No more ghetto "screenshots" consisting of digital camera photos of my phone in my hand.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Search for an app in market called picme. It allows you to take screenshots using only your web browser

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.