• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems receiving incoming calls (Sprint)

jasonacg

Mar 11, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
In the past few weeks (although it may have been going on longer), I've noticed that I'm often not receiving inbound calls on my MXPE, on Sprint's network. I do continue to receive SMS, and I can easily make outbound calls.

Using the LTE Discovery app, I seem to have found a pattern: After the phone has been in LTE mode for about five minutes, the 1xRTT side of the phone shuts down. When properly working, the 1X side will "wake up" to take a call, but it's not happening about 80% of the time. If I force the phone down to 3G mode, I will get 100% of my calls...but I lose data speed.

Is there a way for force the 1X radio to stay active, or some other way to make sure my phone receives inbound calls, when only LTE is active?

As a temporary workaround, I'm using the Hangouts Dialer (I have a Google Voice number). It at least assures me that my calls get to me.

If it makes a difference, I'm in a Spark/LTE+ market.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones