• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with ring silencer apps with whitelists

I posted this in the "problems" thread, but thought I'd get more views here...

After hours of fruitless trials, I have come to the conclusion that the Note II does not play well with apps that set silence profiles and also include a whitelist feature. I think I've tried every last app in the market.

All I want is an app that will turn my ringer off at a specified time, turn it on at a specified time and allow certain contacts to ring through during the silent period.

I have run across a few mentions of those apps not playing well with certain phones (Samsung?!), but nothing conclusive. I would think if this was a problem with Samsung phones in general and/or specifically the Note II, that I would find more info about it with a Google search or in the comment section for the apps themselves.

I am an intermediate to advanced Android user so, although it could be something I'm overlooking, it would most likely be something much more obscure than a few buried settings.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

PS...I used "Silent Time" without fail on my DINC 2 but it doesn't work on my Note II.

Blocking mode was disabled with the last update to 4.1.2. Also, I don't want calls to be blocked which doesn't allow them to go to voicemail. I want them to be silenced so they can still leave a message.

Disabled??? I'm running 4.1.2 and it is definitely not disabled.
Also when using blocking mode your phone will only ring when those on the allowed list call, all others will be sent to VM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones