• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Process order and starter roms

Soybomb

Aug 28, 2010
I bought a used droid and I'm waiting for it to come in, while I'm waiting though I'm preparing. :D I have about 100 apps lined up in appbrain and am looking at root/rom stuff. I assume it will come with 2.1 and I'd like to update it before I even activate it.

What order should I be doing things in? My understanding is that if I root it first, frg01b or frg22d will unroot it? UniversalAndroot 1.6.2 can re-root frg01b but not frg22d? If I do a frd22d rom I'll have to manually root with rsdlite and should use the deodexed versions of those roms?

Also is there like a top 3 rom choices I could try? It seems like I could spend a long time just trying all the different ones out there. I'm thinking deodexed stock, lithium, cm6, and maybe lfy. Then top it all off with one of chevy's kernels.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones