• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Professional app doesn't get notice in stores..

MiarfeN

Lurker
Sep 18, 2014
Hi ,
I was wondering how possible is for a professional good looking game to don't get even noticed after it's release in google play or app store. Does google play make any filtering to separate the good apps from the garbage. I am asking this because I have a very capable team ready to develop a game as well-made as the top ones and we don't have budget for advertising.

If anyone expert in this area could help me I would be very grateful !

I would also like to know if anyone has any advice on this. I have released a game and although it's not as polished as other titles it's still a fun game. However it never shows up on any search results as searches are limited to 250 results. My friends have downloaded and rated it and I have created a small demo site to try and improve downloads via seo but I'm not sure what else I can do. If people can't find your game when searching on the play store how exactly is it supposed to get more downloads/ratings to push it up the search results?

Reactions: MiarfeN
Upvote 0
Last year there was a talk by Google about this. It is greatly about how people value your app:
- Number of installs
- Number of un-installs (uninstalls are bad, M'kay)
- Reviews (good and bad)

After this:
- Google rating (do websites refer to your app, especially high-ranking review sites)

Things like that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones