• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Push T-Mobile and Samsung to Support Their Devices!

Samsung
400 Valley Road, Suite 201
Mt. Arlington, NR 07856-2136

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Minnesota Attorney General's Office has received correspondence from _________ ________ regarding Samsung. Mr. ________ may be contacted at _______ _____ St S, _________, MN _________.

Mr. __________ states that on Feb 17, 2010 he purchased a Samsung Behold 2 in the amount of $390 from T-Mobile. He states that he received promotional material stating that Samsung would be releasing an upgrade from Android 1.5 to Android 2.0 at a later date. He states that Samsung as since announced that it will not be releasing this update even though Android 2.0 has been released to Samsung since October of last year, and several other phone models with lower performance capabilities will be receiving this update. He states that he believes that he has been misled by Samsung and that he wants Samsung to provide the promised update or issue a refund or allow him to exchange the phone.

I ask that Samsung review Mr. ____'s concerns and provide an explanation of the events that have transpired as well as a proposal to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. Please send your written response in this matter within ten (10) business days from the date of this letter to my attention at the above referenced address.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any question or comments. Please refer to the above file number and consumer's name in any contact with our Office.

Sincerely,

Ms. ________ ________
Consumer Services Division

Any news regarding this letter yet?

Upvote 0
glad to see that somebody with more resources/know-how than myself is pushing this. even with all of its problems, I'd still choose the B2 over any other phone right now (price is a big factor in that decision, and my lack of a data plan) but I do agree that even my favorite company shouldn't be able to get away with simply dropping a commitment like that. I love Samsung, and I understand why they did it, but would very much like to see 2.0 or above, or some sort of compromise that would let us take the reins in that department. something.

so....kudos, euph_22! if this gets is somewhere, AWESOME. if not, thank you for trying.

Upvote 0
From Samsung:

Dear ________

Please be advised that on or about may 28, 2010 Samsung published the following statement regarding the Behold II and Android upgrade:

"Samsung Mobile and T-Mobile USA are planning to update the Behold II to Android 1.6 which provides access to Google Maps Navigation, Google Voice Search capability and guick search box for Andrdoid. The update will also supply additional benefits including Swype, an improved Media Player, updated core Android applications and improved Bluetooth capabilities. However, the Behold II is not upgradeable beyond Android 1.6."

Samsung then released Android 1.6 and it is now available for update.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for the opportunity to resppond to this matter.

Sincerly,
Greg Crenshaw
Executive Customer Relations and Management Response

Upvote 0
I just got a copy, that was actually sent to the AG's office. And they didn't include contact information for the Samsung ECR. It does have his employee number on it, I think, so I probably could track him down if I wanted to.

And I have to say that this update is exactly as insulting as I was expecting.

But I probably won't go any farther with this, since I don't have the phone anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones