Put media on SD or Internal, does it matter?Support

Last Updated:

1. Whaack

Whaack New Member This Topic's Starter

New to the Droid Inc, moved over from iPhone. I have a 16GB SD card and am getting ready to move photos and music over to my phone. Does it matter if I put it all on the SD card or the internal media? Does the phone operate with one over the other?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Nope.. doesn't matter. Enjoy!

3. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

I would say it depends on whether or not you want to use the stock music player. I like a few of the other players on the market but they are not yet able to see the internal phone storage. I did read today that the doubletwist app is about to get an upgrade to make it compatible with internal storage as there are several phones coming out with internal storage like the incredible.

Are there any suggestions for other music players that see internal storage?

4. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Yea, the only thing right now that I know of is some music players don't see the internal storage yet.
    Hope your right about doubletwist, Eris Lover. Would like to have more options.

As for other players; MixZing sees music on the internal storage.
    I wish Cubed (^3) saw it, as it looks really nice.

5. Eris Lover

Before my Incredible I had Eris and "3" was my player of choice. I will check out the MixZing but yeah having a hard time believing more music player developers haven't fixed the internal storage problem. I guess it's not that easy. The other option that would be cool is to be able to point it to a specific folder only so that ringtones or other mp3 sounds don't show up in my music player's list.

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

It only matters if you plan on using certain apps, as they can't see the internal memory and can only recognize the microSD card

7. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

I keep most things on my SD card, and camera photos on my internal memory :)

8. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

Can a movie be moved from an sd card INTO internal memory? How? Are there any other threads with this info? I have looked and searched but can't seem to find....thanks

9. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Yep, you can do that. Either mount the phone to your PC and copy/paste the file over or get Astro and do it from the phone.

frankiepapa likes this.
  10. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

Ok, does astro show you the actual internal memory? this is definitely unchartered waters for me....

11. Eris Lover

To navigate to the internal memory using Astro, move up a folder using the tool bar at top and select the "emmc" folder. This is your internal memory.
    Long press on movie file in sdcard and select edit, then move and then navigate to emmc and drop in a folder or in the root if you want. I'm pretty sure most media players will find it no matter what kind of structure it is in, as long as the player supports internal memory.

frankiepapa likes this.