• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Q: 2.2 and trackball colours

I don't see why some Dev does not come up with a non-root needing app that will allow you to change trackball colors. It's in the OS, just need some Dev to do it.

AFAIK, (ooh, never used that acronym before. Feels a bit wrong!) the access to the trackball LED was removed from the Android Software Development Kit for 2.1. I could be wrong, but I remember wondering why they would do that.

Still. Patience is a virtue, and you don't need much of that when you own a Nexus, the biggest benefit in my view. I can wait a few weeks for the latest version of Android considering others will wait months/forever!

But now I must get back to jigging excitedly at the thought of seeing the update notification. *checks* Nope, not yet. *checks* Still nothing.

*checks*...

Upvote 0
GMail Notifier now updated to include Trackball Colors for Froyo!!

• If you have 1.3 Installed, uninstall it, it is now labeled OLD VERSION in the Market
  • Install latest version and turn off GMail's Notification in the native GMail App.
  • Launch GMail Notifier and configure, click test notification and turn off the screen and trackball will light up with the color selected.

Many SMS apps will change colors now, this is just for GMail. :D

Reactions: fabler
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones