• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] How to backup apps and change microSD?

kenth21v

Jun 4, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade to a bigger storage: from 8gb to 32gb micro SD.

My phone is a rooted Sony Xperia V and I am using Link2sd app to install my apps to my micro SD card instead of my internal storage.

Please help. I have no experience regarding this. Can someone tell me a step-by-step procedure?

Thank you. :)

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade to a bigger storage: from 8gb to 32gb micro SD.

My phone is a rooted Sony Xperia V and I am using Link2sd app to install my apps to my micro SD card instead of my internal storage.

Please help. I have no experience regarding this. Can someone tell me a step-by-step procedure?

Thank you. :)

What I would do is plug phone into pc.Copy all the content to your pc(Like a new folder).Then unplug phone from pc and turn phone off.Then pull 8gb. card out and place 32gb. card into phone.
Turn phone on and make sure phone mount the card.Then plug phone back into pc,And move everything back.

Upvote 0
What I would do is plug phone into pc.Copy all the content to your pc(Like a new folder).Then unplug phone from pc and turn phone off.Then pull 8gb. card out and place 32gb. card into phone.
Turn phone on and make sure phone mount the card.Then plug phone back into pc,And move everything back.

Will it work just like that? I thought it might be more complicated since the apps were installed in the SD? But I just i'll try that if I became impatient. :D Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones