Q. How to sync more calendar daysGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ted S

Ted S Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, sorry if this question has been asked and answered before but I did try searching and came up blank.

I'm new to Eris and smartphones in general. I'm using the stock HTC calendar application that comes on the Eris to sync with both my personal Google calendar and my Exchange calendar at work. I'm generally happy with the result except it only syncs about 2 weeks worth of events into the future. I would like to be able to see maybe 3 or so months worth of events on the Eris. I have plowed around in the settings and cannot locate anything that lets me choose how much of my Google & Exchange calendars to sync. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Thats odd I can go a year out and my repeating events from the google calendar pop up. Are you sure it isn't a setting on Exchange? I don't know exchange at all so can't help you with that, I know with BB's though it was pretty common to just sync 2 weeks out to save memory so maybe its a "feature" your admins put on the exchange server?

3. Ted S

The problem is with both Exchange and Google. Both calendars have events going way out into the future but none of the events from either calendar appear on the Eris.

4. Ted S

False alarm. Rookie mistake. Gruss, your question got me to thinking so I switched views from the Agenda view to the Calendar view and its all there. Everything.

I prefer the Agenda view and apparently it only shows a certain number of future events so that fooled my obviously simple mind into thinking that all future events were missing.

Well, now that I've put my smartphone ignorance on display for the world to see it's time for me to go back into hiding.

As Emily Litella often said; "Never mind."

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Relating to the calenders, is there a way to make an event repeat every 2 week? I need an event to repeat on Sat and Sun of every other week.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Not that I can find. My solution to that is break out the palm create event in that then Goo sync or import to Google calendar. Stupid no calendars offer two week repeats except palm.

7. cvfd13

cvfd13 Well-Known Member

You can do it if you login to Google Calendar on a desktop. The full calendar gives a lot more options than those available on the phone.

8. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

do tell? I see daily weekly monthly annually etc. no option for bi-weekly. I thought maybe they added it recently.

9. cvfd13

cvfd13 Well-Known Member

Select weekly, then it will let you select every "x" weeks, just change from one to two.

lgldrgdlr, gruss and fungalMonk like this.
  10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Well slap my butt and call me charlie, how did I miss that!!