[Q] LG Eve - No touchscreen :(Support

1. mrme01

mrme01 New Member

First off, this isnt a repair request or anything similar,
    I am running 1.5 r00ted and unfortunately it was last used in mass storage, not debug mode. How can I get my data off the phone using ADB?
    Remember, I have no touchscreen, so I guess this will have to be done in fastboot mode or something similar. Any help would be much appreciated [​IMG]
    I cannot navigate to the settings from the homescreen using the keyboard as I have an unlock pattern...
    Mark.

PS Please help! As the the man from Virgin is coming to get the phone!
    I have posted this in both forums, with the hope of getting the help I require. I know this is against some forum rules but I do need this information, I hope you understand.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Pepper

Mr. Pepper Member

Even though you don't have a touch screen you should be able to use the arrow keys and enter to select icons on your home screen.
    To access the settings menu hit Menu on the keypad and select settings, you should be able to put the phone in whatever mode you need now (debug, mass storage).
    Tell us if that helps or if you still need another way to get what you need.
  3. mrme01

mrme01 New Member

I have an unlock pattern.
  4. Mr. Pepper

Mr. Pepper Member

Hmm, well do you need the data back? Or simply removed? As I don't believe you will be able to use ADB to get into the phone if it's not in Debug Mode.

There is a way to reset it back to how you got it from the Carrier, but it will delete on info/downloadedapps on the phone (excluding Sim and SD Card).

Before I suggest it, do you need that data that is saved in the phone's internal memory?
  5. mrme01

mrme01 New Member

I do indeed need to get the data back, primarily my phone book, but removing all of my data would be nice, as I dont know the security of the device after I have exchanged it.
    I have an Ubuntu install, the phone has been r00ted and I can access fastboot, there must be a way to get my data back, how about safe mode?
  6. Mr. Pepper

Mr. Pepper Member

I was going to suggest a fastboot wipe, that would delete the cache and any user data as well as reset the pattern lock. But that will delete your phonebook(atleast anything not saved on the sim or sync'd with google).