• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q] Tasker Profile : Auto- Mute in Meetings (Gmail-Calendar)

It works almost.

- New Profile (x2) , State , Calendar Entry
Title: (TITLE must be * )
Description : (Description must be * )
Available : No / Yes (Profile 1) (Profile 2)
Calendar : Google : + (Gmail-adress).

- New Task (x2) , Audio, Silent Mode
Mode : On / Off (Profile 1) (Profile 2)
If : (select option) Is not selected.

The * ( stands for any name ) / ALL.

But the 2 Profiles with 2 tasks at the moment work only once. I have to find a way to stop / reset the profile after the task is done. Could anyone help with that? Thanks in advance!

I name the profiles as Mute and Unmute as examples. It does Mute my phone when the meeting starts, it does Unmute my phone after the meeting ends. But both profiles keep active afterwards. I have to built something in (Profile Status, with the right settings < which I do not know) that after they have done their action the profile is resetted? I think it would be the best that in the Unmute Profile (Task) there must be something to reset that profile and the one of Mute profile.

Regards,

Jurgen

GT-N7100 Rooted
Baseband : 4.1.2 N7100XXDLK7
Kernel : 3.0.36- Perseus-alpha36
Recovery : TWRP 2.5
Overclocked with STweaks : CPU | from 1,6Ghz to 1,8Ghz, GPU | from 533mhz to 733Mhz
Quadrant result : 7588, AnTuTu result : 18100

It works almost.

- New Profile (x2) , State , Calendar Entry
Title: (TITLE must be * )
Description : (Description must be * )
Available : No / Yes (Profile 1) (Profile 2)
Calendar : Google : + (Gmail-adress).

- New Task (x2) , Audio, Silent Mode
Mode : On / Off (Profile 1) (Profile 2)
If : (select option) Is not selected.

The * ( stands for any name ) / ALL.

But the 2 Profiles with 2 tasks at the moment work only once. I have to find a way to stop / reset the profile after the task is done. Could anyone help with that? Thanks in advance!

I name the profiles as Mute and Unmute as examples. It does Mute my phone when the meeting starts, it does Unmute my phone after the meeting ends. But both profiles keep active afterwards. I have to built something in (Profile Status, with the right settings < which I do not know) that after they have done their action the profile is resetted? I think it would be the best that in the Unmute Profile (Task) there must be something to reset that profile and the one of Mute profile.

Regards,

Jurgen

GT-N7100 Rooted
Baseband : 4.1.2 N7100XXDLK7
Kernel : 3.0.36- Perseus-alpha36
Recovery : TWRP 2.5
Overclocked with STweaks : CPU | from 1,6Ghz to 1,8Ghz, GPU | from 533mhz to 733Mhz
Quadrant result : 7588, AnTuTu result : 18100
I don't use calendar, location, application, etc, and try to avoid states as much as possible, however if the task is still running then its possible that the condition for the entry task is still met. If that isn't the case, then perhaps long clicking on the profile name, selecting the settings at the top of the tasker screen, and playing with the options, restore settings, or perhaps limit repeats and setting it to one with a stop at the end of the task, though I think the second suggestion might disable the profile entirely.

Since you have two opposite profiles, you can also try having one profile toggle the other one off as the first thing in the task and vice versa with the other profile; tasker->profile status.

In the past I've used a variable set listener to toggle profiles though as I said I try to avoid states for battery reasons and it is a bit tricky. I think I had my states set up so that long clicking on the profile name and in settings, I had restore settings and enforce task order disabled, then I had an event profile that was just listening for a variable to be set which we'll call EventListener, so at the end of the state profile it said variable set %EventListenter to calendarthingoff in your example. Then in the EventListener state task, it went like:
1 Set %event to %EventListener
2 Variable Clear %EventListener
3 If %event ~ calendarthingoff
4 Profile Status CalendarthingyEvent Off (you could try stop task here as well if you think that might work)
5 Elseif %event ~ ....(next condition I might use for some other function)
10 Endif (this could go at number 5 if that's all you needed it for)

So the goal in the above is to pass calendaroff or something along those lines to the variable %EventListener, then have a task just looking for that variable %EventListener to become set. It stores the result in a local variable %event that is destroyed when the task exits, clears %EventListner, then checks to see what %event is and hopefully can be used to kill the task or disable the profile you're having troubles with. You pass it from the profile you're having trouble with.
I've had no luck with disabling a profile from a task within its own profile. Also, what just came to mind is that if you put stop at the end of the entry task then it may force the exit task to run however if this works then you might end up with an ongoing loop of entering and exiting...

I set this event based task up so that collision handling was to "run both at once" since it can handle multiple things. It was difficult to get all the settings right in my event profiles though... that much I do remember. Uncheckiing "Restore Settings" was essential.

Upvote 0
"Since you have two opposite profiles, you can also try having one profile toggle the other one off as the first thing in the task and vice versa with the other profile; tasker->profile status."

That doesn't work. On some weird reason I cannot select the two calendar profiles. Could select the other profiles used for other tasks though. Seems the Calendar Entry is not seen as a profile somehow?

And the EventListener part. I've had Java-Programming on school, know how to use it but in Tasker it is different. Any chance you could upload or send me a eventListener Profile. My two Profiles do not have a name (Calendar Entry) but the tasks are named : MuteInMeetings and Muteinmeetingsoff

Upvote 0
I have 2 calendars (Gmail and Exchange) and have created one profile for each, both pointing to the same task:

Profile: busy (perso)
State > App > Calendar entry: Available = no, Calendar = me@gmail.com

Task: Set Vibrate
If %SILENT !~ no
...Silent Mode: Vibrate
End If

---

Profile: busy (work)
State > App > Calendar entry: Available = no, Calendar = me@work.com

Task: Set Vibrate

With the option: "Available = no", I can have calendar entries set as 'Free' (instead of 'Busy') which won't put the phone into Vibrate.

No need for an exit task, Tasker will return the phone to its original state at the end of the calendar entry.

This looks easier than the above posts. Or are you trying to do something I've missed?

Reactions: galaxyjim
Upvote 0
Thank you for the response and help guys. My first post with profile/task settings seems to work now! The problem was a meeting that was scheduled for more than a day. That did bug out the profiles and stay on active at all times. Any other meeting that were scheduled in the same time period could not work then. Since the profile was alrdy active, waiting to become inaktive the next day :)..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones