• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Q] Wi-fi and 3G stop when suspended

gil21st

Lurker
Mar 4, 2013
I did not found the same problem so I decided to open this topic.
Some people have problem with wi-fi that does not connect, but my connects , however both, wi-fi and 3G, stop to hibernate.
I've been in advanced wi-fi and put "Keep wifi calling for suspension" in 3G went on "More Settings", "Network Furniture" and left marked until the "Data Roaming" hoping receive warnings of email, WhatsApp and others, but there's no way, when hibernated (suspended), stop everything. I did search for 3G network selected my provider because someone white that cold be the solution but nothing.
It worked fine with 4.0.3, which was update in the last year via wi-fi by Sangung, the problem started when I went to the Jelly 4.1.2 (Russian). I did following code on the keypad * 2767 * 3855 #,, wipes 2 times before applying the 4.1.2 with wipes after applied.
Then I thought: I'm going back to ICS. I did the wipes paranoid now 3 times, all of 4 wipes. And I applied the original 4.0.4 Brazil and nothing, when the phone suspends everything falls down, wi-fi and 3G. In other forun someone say the could be a matter of reinstalling the wi-fi card in cases of wi-fi does not connect, but here is also that for 3G, not the only wi-fi and when a try to conect its works better them before.
Well, with 4.0.4, then typed on the keyboard code * 2767 * 3855 #, I make 3 times in total paranoia the 4 existing wipes, and applied the 4.1.2 Spanish. And the same problem.
Do I have to edit some file on the device on hand to get the wi-fi always on when suspended?
To worried because it seems that nobody else have this problem.
I hope you can help me.

Phone bought with no contract with provider operator.

Version baseband
I9100XXLS8
Kernel version
3.0.31-816988
@ dpi DELL166 # 3
SMP preempt Mon Jan 14 17:26:31
KST 2013
No compilation
JZ054K.I9100XWLSD
Thanks to all who can help.

I would like to thank all for the help, was now sending e-mail to the company that makes the program "Time Recording"
play.google.com / store / apps / details? id = com.dynamicg.timerecording
I was already to bring the device to Samsung and then I thought to install at least WhatsApp and this program on another cellphone that I have a B3000 .
And guess what happened to the B3000 (running Android 4.0)?
It start to tunrs off wifi and 3G when the screen turns off.
That was yesterday afternoon and i dont believed that I all excited already installed all the programs ever after upgrading.
Yesterday I came home and did all wipes and installed the 4.1.2 ...................... Spanish again.
So I spent the day with the system clean, and was connected to wi-fi service the whole day, I was installing programs gradually, this time testing, and I had no problem with wi-fi or 3G.
I received several program updates of Time Recording that I use about 8 or 10 months. and never gave trouble, must have been something in this installation at Play.
If they are going to fix I do not know.

If it's any hint, when someone has a problem after a FW Update, installing programs is going to slowly figure out what ta causing the problem, which was not the case of the poor Spanish Jujube 4.1.2.

Thank you all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones