• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QBOX pro shuts off with TV

main153

Lurker
Sep 23, 2022
Hi there...i have a samsung smart TV we just bought and our android box is a Q. box pro.
My previous tv was a a LG and when i shut the TV down the QBOX would stay on so i didn't have to restart it everytime. Now with this new TV, it seems to shut down the QBOX as well. Does anyone know how i can turn my TV off but have the android box still on?
Thanks!

Is your Qbox Pro use its own power supply that you plug into a wall outlet or does it use a USB port on your Samsung TV for power?

If the USB port, it might be a matter where your LG TV had a pass-through, powered USB but your Samsung TV stops powering its USB ports when you shut down and/or sleep it. In that case, use an external power supply for your Qbox Pro.
But if it is already using an external power supply, something is apparently sending a shutdown signal to your Qbox Pro to power itself off so start digging through the setup menus on your Qbox Pro and your Samsung TV for some relevant power-related option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones