• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QI Charging [Discussion/Accessories]

If you're seeing only two contacts on the RH side of the interior & next to the SIM SD Card slot ,it's not QI-enabled.
That is for the NFC antenna built-in to the cover.
The connection for the QI wireless charging is on the L/H side,right above/closest to the battery.
Wireless charging covers will have both built-in (four contacts total).

Upvote 0
Just ordered the eBay one (faster shipping)

LGV10 Wireless Charging Battery Door Back Case
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...142038&alt=web

Creazy?Qi Wireless ChargerLeather CaseBattery Back+Receiver Support NFC for LGV10 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017SA59F0..._MrEqwb19WDEKJ

THX for sharing,VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! :thumbsupdroid:
I was gonna hold out for the OEM Charging cover,but,these are inexpensive enough to try out.
I actually found one w/similar styling to the stock battery cover,using your purchase/link as a search tool & got it instead:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SP5OI2?keywords=DDLBiz Genuine Leather Qi Wireless Charger ChargingCase Battery Back+Receiver Sticker Support NFC for LG V10&qid=1447188494&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

s-l1600.jpg

I opted for the Black.
Hopefully,it won't add too much bulk to interfere w/cases.
I've got the OEM Bumper on the way,I wouldn't think it'll be an issue with it.
I'll post as much when both arrive. (ETA on the Qi Cover isa bit off from now 3-6 weeks,but,I'm good in the meantime.
Once the free battery/SD Card kit arrives,the QI will be more of a BTW,as I usually just swap out batteries once home from work & again the next morning.
Either way,I'd rather have it & not need it than vice versa....................

Upvote 0
Sorry to be so ignorant, are the various links to sites which sell a separate back cover and a separate sticker and we have to scrap the originally sticker off and replaced it with the QI sticker ourselves? Can you tell me if I decide to have an addition back cover protector for the phone after fitting the new back replacement cover with wireless charger, can i still use the QI charger directly or do I have to take the additional back protector off before the wireless charging?

Upvote 0
Sorry to be so ignorant, are the various links to sites which sell a separate back cover and a separate sticker and we have to scrap the originally sticker off and replaced it with the QI sticker ourselves? Can you tell me if I decide to have an addition back cover protector for the phone after fitting the new back replacement cover with wireless charger, can i still use the QI charger directly or do I have to take the additional back protector off before the wireless charging?

There's options for all the scenarios you posted:
1) The QI receiver tag only,nothing else included,yes,you have to peel off the original NFC only sticker if said new sticker has 4 contacts (2 on one side,two on the other).If you find a two prong tag,it's probably in addition to the pre-existing NFC tag.
2)New cover & tag: All I've seen so far are self-assembly,peel & stick.This may be your best option until the OEM LG V10 QI Battery Covers come along,if you're loathe to altering the original battery cover.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your prompt reply. I do concern about voiding warranty for the whole phone as LG can say I have tampered with the original if I need any repair. So better peel off new cover instead? Wouldn't it be the same if all covers with NFC stickers or the new cover will not have the NFC sticker at all? If it's the former, I can just get a new cover if I need repair?
Lastly has anyone had any experience of the QI charging if there is an additional phone protecting case back cover? Thanks

Upvote 0
Just got a V10 the other day from T-Mobile.
The sales associate said it did not come with wireless charging, but after pulling the cover and looking at the back there are two connection points which are touching two connection points on the back cover. But there are also two more connection points coming from the phone that go to nothing on the back cover.

Does anyone know what the different connection points are coming from the phone?

And if the phone actually is set up for wireless charging out of the box?

Upvote 0
Just got a V10 the other day from T-Mobile.
The sales associate said it did not come with wireless charging, but after pulling the cover and looking at the back there are two connection points which are touching two connection points on the back cover. But there are also two more connection points coming from the phone that go to nothing on the back cover.

Does anyone know what the different connection points are coming from the phone?

And if the phone actually is set up for wireless charging out of the box?
Hey there @sreum !
I merged your thread with this one as it was about the same topic :)
Perhaps this post sheds some light on it?
If you're seeing only two contacts on the RH side of the interior & next to the SIM SD Card slot ,it's not QI-enabled.
That is for the NFC antenna built-in to the cover.
The connection for the QI wireless charging is on the L/H side,right above/closest to the battery.
Wireless charging covers will have both built-in (four contacts total).

Upvote 0
...for $65!!!!!
LOL, got the same reaction over @ XDA....... ;) :D

It's a bit pricey, no doubt.
Certainly it will drop in price, eventually, but, that may take a while.
LG accessories aren't exactly plentiful & if they ever make it to the US LG website, most will have opted for a 3rd party option, or, already moved on to their next device...... :rolleyes:

I bit the bullet, :paperbagdroid: but, this time I opted for the slower (less expensive) shipping option (free, LOL).
I also have the look-alike 3rd party cover on the way. I'd return it, but, shipping would probably be more expensive than the cost of the cover ($7.99).

Upvote 0
$$$$$,that's for certain............ :D
TBH,I don't know,if any,other than the V10 embossing on the OEM LG cover.
I have both on order,the generic one will likely arrive 1st,I ordered it a week before the LG one.
I could try a charge test (by time) & see if one does better than the other.
Connectivity is another area of concern,easy enough to compare.

Reactions: sreum
Upvote 0
Refer to LG V10 user manual https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24222, There is Qi wireless charging function was integrated with your V10. After review LG official wireless compatibility tab to see complete compatibility information, you need an extra LG wireless charging case to replace the original back case.

It works by using inductive charging technology to allow your V10 to charge without connecting a charger. No longer will you have to search for your charger and orient it the correct way just to plug in your phone

I seek V1O Qi wireless charging case and transmitter on amazon, wireless efficiency whole kit at $39 maybe workable, , or you can consult your carrier before purchasing, hope it helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I got a QI sticker and charging pad from ebay. You can do it yourself.
Use a hairdryer to warm the existing stacker and carefully peel it off the back.
Place the new sticker on the back minding the contacts align with molded marks on the back .
Place cover sticker over the Qi antenna sticker. Your ready to go.
I did my wifes phone and mine, both worked first time.
side note, I personally am not a huge fan of wireless charging as it is so much slower than the quick charge, but it does have one advantage. The USB socket is often the first thing to go on a phone. So the less you use it plugging and unplugging, it should last longer.

Reactions: sreum and KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones