• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Q's about Wallpapers

Tapani

Sep 11, 2010
Hey all, new to the forums and trying to decide if I should buy a Desire come Christmas after I get back from a long, money-consuming trip to Thailand. I've been checking out reviews on this phone and it really seems to be a great phone, albeit the battery issues kind of put me off. Anyway, enough about that. I have some questions regarding wallpapers on this device.

1. Is it possible to have different wallpapers for all 7 screens?

2. Can you put in wallpapers that don't move to the left and right as you move between screens but rather, stay static for the whole time?

3. Can you have a different wallpaper for the 7 screens and different one for the lock screen?

4. When you take a photo with the Desire and put it as your wallpaper, do you see the whole photo cover up the screen nicely and does it stay static?

Sorry for all the questions, but if I'm to buy a high-end device such as the Desire, I want to be able to do a simple thing such as put a static wallpaper that looks nice (and the same!) on every page. Thank you in advance,

Tapani

It's a different launcher -it basically replaces HTC Sense (it's not permanent in case you don't like it). Some people prefer it to Sense, I know I do. It gives you a bunch of options - how many home screens you want (from 3-7), static wallpaper if that's your bag, it replaces the dock at the bottom with up to 15 scrollable buttons (plus alternative "swipe" actions which essentially doubles it up to 30) and more. The only downside in my opinion is that you can't use the HTC-only widgets with it, but you can find replacements for most of them on the market. Check out the "Show us your Desire Homescreens" thread, a lot of people in there are using it (including me, page 32 :) )

Upvote 0
Ah, I see. A bit worried about it entirely replacing HTC Sense, was kind of hoping for it to just be an addition or extension to Sense. Is there a list of things that you miss out on, including all HTC-Only Widgets with the Launcher Pro?

Yeah, I've been checking out that thread, lots of cool pictures which'll make it really hard to decide what to do!

Upvote 0
Okay, I just checked out a video on YouTube of the Launcher Pro and I noticed that he could easily switch between the stock Launcher and Launcher Pro - is this also possible on the Desire, so that one morning when you wake up you switch it to Launcher Pro and when you want to use the Sense-only Widgets you simply switch back to the stock Launcher for a couple minutes? If so, that sounds perfect!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones