• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quadrant issue

Rodeojones

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2010
Bloomer, WI
Just curious as to whether anyone else is having this issue. I just tried to show a friend with a non-rooted Droid some Linpack and Quadrant scores (he ran them as well on his phone). Each time I tried to run a Quadrant bench score it would freeze when it got to the 2D section of the test. I tried multiple Froyo ROMs that I have as backups and each time the same thing happened at the same time. Needless to say, this didn't impress my non-rooted friend. Anyone else run into this issue?

For those that might be curious, I tried the test on NexBeast V0.1.1, JRummy's NexTheme for Froyo, Bugless Beast V0.1, and the stock FRF57 Froyo ROM. For each one I was using the same P3Droid 1.2Ghz kernel.

It might be the kernel. Quadrant ran fine this morning on ChevyNo1's 1.1 Ghz LV kernel, but has frozen and caused a reboot all but one time I tried it on the 1.2Ghz MV kernel. The weird thing is, I've seen no other issues with the 1.2MV kernel at all.

Thanks for the info. I might flash a 1.1Ghz kernel and see if that helps. But you're correct. Other than the Quadrant issue the 1.2Ghz kernel I use gives me no issues. I just really wanted to show off to my friend and it ended up looking like a rooted phone running custom ROMs leads to random reboots and freezes. :eek:

(Of course I didn't tell him that this DOES occassionally happen ;))

Upvote 0
It's probably not the kernal. I am using JRummy's Strawberry flavored (Red) Kangerade Froyo ROM and P3Droid's 1.2GHz kernal also and I've ran Quadrant a couple of times just for myself and it never messed up or froze. Maybe it is how everything is reacting with your phone but it is not strictly due to the kernal. I'm in no position (and don't have the deep knowledge) to offer help as to where the problem is, but I thought I might help in verifying where the problem likely isn't. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones