• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quadrant scores out the box...

SUPERGALAXYS

Sep 28, 2010
quadrant benchmark scores arent bad.. im getting almost 1900 untouched out the box :) and im getting about 6-7mpbs download speeds tethering with easy tether on my home pc which is pretty descent ... considering my galaxy is rooted and lag fixed and hitting in the 5mpbs tethering ..

hit 2002.. thats with having root access and installing setcpu app, and then set scaling to performance.. best ive gotten so far.. and thats with livewallpaper running and bunch of apps now downloaded :)
picssss013.jpg

phonepics180.png

Upvote 0
rooting allows superuser permission.. some apps in the marketplace require it.. only way to get this.. is root! it basically allows you to download and install pretty much anything to the phone were as is if its not rooted you are limited to what your able to do.. mainly system apps, things that will change or effect the way your phone operates.. etc. for example try to download setcpu in the market, it will tell you for root users only, if you download it and try to run it, it will say the program was not granted superuser permission..theres a app for the vibrant called OCLF.. its in the market, it will allow you to root and install the lag fix very easily to your phone, then you can install a wifi tether app cause they usually require root.. my vibrant runs a quadrant score of around 2500ish.. its rooted, lag fixed and overclocked to run at 1.2Ghz..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones